Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday: Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi and Romanov by Nadine Brandes


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
December 3rd, 2019

After battling the impossible, Zélie and Amari have finally succeeded in bringing magic back to the land of Orïsha. But the ritual was more powerful than they could’ve imagined, reigniting the powers of not only the maji, but of nobles with magic ancestry, too.

Now, Zélie struggles to unite the maji in an Orïsha where the enemy is just as powerful as they are. But when the monarchy and military unite to keep control of Orïsha, Zélie must fight to secure Amari's right to the throne and protect the new maji from the monarchy's wrath.
With civil war looming on the horizon, Zélie finds herself at a breaking point: she must discover a way to bring the kingdom together or watch as Orïsha tears itself apart.
Children of Virtue and Vengeance is the stunning sequel to Tomi Adeyemi's New York Times bestselling debut Children of Blood and Bone, the first title in her Legacy of Orïsha trilogy.



Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 

Romanov
Romanov by Nadine Brandes 
May 7th, 2019
The history books say I died.
They don’t know the half of it.
Anastasia “Nastya” Romanov was given a single mission: to smuggle an ancient spell into her suitcase on her way to exile in Siberia. It might be her family’s only salvation. But the leader of the Bolshevik army is after them . . . and he’s hunted Romanov before.
Nastya’s only chances of survival are to either release the spell, and deal with the consequences, or enlist help from Zash, the handsome soldier who doesn’t act like the average Bolshevik. Nastya’s never dabbled in magic before, but it doesn’t frighten her as much as her growing attraction for Zash. She likes him. She thinks he might even like her . . .
That is, until she’s on one side of a firing squad . . . and he’s on the other.




10 comments:

  1. i didn't even know that Children of Blood and Bone was a series! Oh now i have to go back and reread it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gads both books look amazing. I want to begin the Legacy of Orïsha series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first one but these both do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover for Children of Virtue and Vengeance, though! Whoo, it's awesome. I have mixed feelings about the book, though, since I actually wasn't a big fan of CoBaB. I'm curious enough, though, where I think I'll probably check out CoVaV, but maybe not rush out and read it.

    I actually JUST started reading Romanov this morning! I was lucky enough to get an eARC. :3 I've been looking forward to it, too. Not far enough in yet to really have an opinion, but it sounded like such a promising read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Children of Blood and Bone - I feel like the last person in the world to read it - so I need to get on that soon. The cover of Children of Virtue and Vengeance is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great choices but its Renee's pick that appeals most to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Children of Blood and Bone! Can't wait for the sequel too! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to Children of Virtue and Vengeance! I haven't heard of Romanov before but that synopsis sounds curious. Great picks! I hope they're worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh nice picks! Seeing a lot of these lately! Especially Romanov. I'm on the fence about that one. I guess watching Anastasia too much as a kid has me liking that version and that version only! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never got to finishing Children.of Blood and Bone. I should do that before the sequel!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs