Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Feeling Inspired

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.



This week's TTT is inspirational/thought provoking book quotes.



Ash-

This is kinda hard for me. I don't know that I find many quotes to be inspirational in general. But I found what I could.

1.

“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” 

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

2.

“What's meant to be will always find a way” 

― Trisha Yearwood

3.

“If you're reading this...

Congratulations, you're alive.

If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.” 
― Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head

4.

“Tomorrow will be better.”

“But what if it’s not?” I asked.

“Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.” 
― Morgan Matson, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

5.

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” 



6.

“Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.” 


7.

“You're better than this. Better than whatever it is you're going to do now.” 

― Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice


8.

“Fear is inevitable, I have to accept that, but I cannot allow it to paralyze me.” 

― Isabel Allende, The Sum of Our Days: A Memoir


9.

“You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it's enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” 

― Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway



10.

“Don't blow off another's candle for it won't make yours shine brighter.” 

― Jaachynma N.E. Agu, The Prince and the Pauper


Jenn- 
I cheated on a couple of mine... they aren't books but I do love the quotes. 


1.
“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” 
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

2. 
“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” 

3.
“The real heroes anyway aren't the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention.” 
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

4.
 “Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.” 
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

5.
 “In the end you should always do the right thing even if it's hard.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

6.
 “If you dare nothing, then when the day is over, nothing is all you will have gained.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book

7. “No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” 
― George Lucas, The Star Wars Trilogy

8.
 “The best discoveries always happened to the people who weren't looking for them.” ― Morgan Matson, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

9. 
“Everything's a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you.” ― Nicola Yoon, Everything, Everything

10. 
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!” ― Dolly Parton



2 comments:

  1. OOh nice quotes! Lots of new to me ones here, I can barely remember the Vampire Academy one and I loved that series! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy & Roger is my favorite of Matson's books and it because of quotes like the one you featured.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs