Sunday, April 14, 2019

It's Graphic Time: Lumberjanes Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes, Vol. 1)Title: Beware the Kitten Holy
Author: Noelle Stevenson
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Publishing Date: April 7th, 2015
Pages: 128
Genre: YA Graphic Novel 
TW: N/A
Series: Lumberjanes Volume 1
Source: Book
 

FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX!
At Miss Qiunzilla Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet's camp for hard-core lady-types, things are not what they seem. Three-eyed foxes. Secret caves. Anagrams. Luckily, Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley are five rad, butt-kicking best pals determined to have an awesome summer together... And they're not gonna let a magical quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! The mystery keeps getting bigger, and it all begins here.

Collects Lumberjanes No. 1-4.
What made me pick this book up: 
Oh man, I saw this one on someone else's goodreads a long while back. I saw it at half price books and remembered reading something about it before.

What did I like about the cover: 
I don't really know what I like about it. Nothing really. It just shows the characters. I guess I do like the three eyed animal heads. 

What made me read this book: 
It looked cute and it was at half price books. I always get new ones from half price books.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Heck yes! I've read the first three already!



The artwork in this book is so cute! I love it. It's bright and colorful and cutesy. 







I absolutely love these characters! Every single one of them. They're all quirky and crazy and full of personality. They each have their own unique personality, and they're fun!


Ripley is definitely my favorite. She reminds me so much of myself. 


Then there's Mal.


And Jo


And April 


And finally Molly 






Man this book just starts with a bang and it doesn't stop. It is a constant go go go something is happening what the junk is happening (I seriously almost fell off the bed because they kept saying What The Junk) 

I feel like this book never slows down. It's never boring, never slow, it's all crazy.






This one, like most, is just the foundation for the story. So it was just kinda okay. I mean it was interesting, seeing the way they solved puzzles. These girls are seriously smart.




Like I said, this book seriously had me cracking up. John came in and looked at me like I was crazy. It was interesting and unique. 




Goldie Vance Vol. 1The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without ApplausePaper Girls, Vol. 1Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power


Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work for BOOM! Studios, Random House, MacMillan Press, and What Pumpkin Studios, among others. She is the co-writer of LUMBERJANES, a comic series from BOOM! Box, and has done writing work for Frederator's BRAVEST WARRIORS as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs