Thursday, April 18, 2019

It's Graphic Time: Little Girls by Nicholas Aflleje


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Little GirlsTitle: Little Girls
Author: Nicholas Aflleje
Illustrator: Sarah DeLaine
Publisher: Image Comics
Publishing Date: April 30th, 2019
Pages: 176
Genre: Fantasy Graphic Novel
Series: Standalone
Source: E-book ARC
 

Sam and Lielet are two new friends living in Ethiopia who are dealing with the kind of problems that all kids have: judgemental social cliques, condescending adults, alienation, and a legendary brain-eating monster of folklore. Sure, it's not going to be easy, but all they have to do is live through it.
What made me pick this book up: 
The cover looked super creepy.

What did I like about the cover: 
I love how dark and creepy it is, and I love the eyes. 

What made me read this book: 
It sounded interesting. I like reading books about folklore and such. Especially creepy ones

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
No, I don't think so...




The artwork is... weird. I don't really care for it much. Plus the monster thing is actually super terrifying.







The two main characters are Sam and Lielet. I like Lielet okay, but we really don't get to know either of these characters. We don't get to know them as a person or who they are or anything. I really wouldn't care if either of them died. Sorry not sorry.







This book is supposed to be about them finding and killing the monster. Yet it was so slow and boring. I wasn't scared, this didn't make my heart speed up or give me anxiety or anything. It was just... blah.





Not to mention the story is so weird. I mean, I guess maybe a lot of African folklore is? Like many other countries sometimes the stories are dumb, or don't make sense. But this one was just strange and just kinda... blah...





This was a weird one. Did not like.






The Beast of Wolfe's BayCity in the Desert: The Monster ProblemThe October Faction, Vol. 1The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 (The Girl from the Other Side, #1)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs