Tuesday, April 9, 2019

It's Graphic Time! Exorsisters, Vol. 1 by Ian Boothby


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Exorsisters, Vol. 1Title: Exorsisters
Author: Ian Boothby
Publisher: Image Comics
Publishing Date: April 30th, 2019
Pages: 120
Genre: Fantasy/Horror Graphic Novel 
TW: Demons, selling of souls, cussing, death
Series: Exorsisters Vol. 1
Source: ARC
 

Included in Book Riot's Best Comics of 2018
Did you sign a deal with the devil? Has a loved one been dragged to Hell? Then Kate and Cate Harrow should be the first ones you call for timely soul removal at a reasonable rate. This collection is perfect for fans of case-solving procedurals like Veronica Mars, Netflix's Jessica Jones , and the CW's Supernatural , and introduces readers to the Harrows, who have to deal with the end of the world, fallen angels, demon worshipping ex-boyfriends, and their Mother.
Collects EXORSISTERS #1-5.
What made me pick this book up: 
I saw it for auto approved on Netgalley and it looked interesting.

What did I like about the cover:
I love the artwork, the colors are awesome and I love the sisters sitting upside down each other. Does that make sense? 

What made me read this book: 
I love horror/dark/demon graphic novels.


Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Yes absolutely! I'm super bummed this is just now about to come out, because I need more of it!



The artwork is really adorable actually. That's something I really liked about this book. It's dark and creepy and demon-y but the artwork is cutesy. But still dark. 




The characters are definitely something that adds to this book. Kate and Cate are both amazing. They both have their own strong personalities. But Cate is definitely my favorite. She cracked me up the whole book I swear. 



This book starts out kinda meh, but quickly turns into HOLY CRAP WHAT IS HAPPENING!? And then it doesn't stop. I read this in about an hour and I didn't want to stop reading it. I swear I was reading this on my phone completely curled up ignoring the world. My husband kept laughing at me because I kept laughing. Not just a little laughing. Snort laughing. So it was fast paced, quick read, and also completely had me enthralled.





I didn't quite get what the story was going to be at the beginning. I loved reading about them casting out demons and saving people from hell, but I figured there had to be more to this than that. It took until the last issue of the volume before it became clear. And it's a good one I think. I can't wait to read more.




So great! Lots of dark humor!




Outcast, Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds HimDemon, Volume 1Harrow County, Vol. 1: Countless Haints


Ian Boothby is a multiple Shuster Award, Harvey Award and Eisner Award nominee and an Eisner Award–winning comic book creator best known for his work as the lead writer on Simpsons Comics and Futurama Comics for Matt Groening's Bongo Comics. Boothby has written more Simpsons Comics than any other writer. He is a regular writer for MAD Magazine. He has also worked on various Canadian television series and is a well known stand-up, sketch and improv comedian working in the Vancouver area. He co-created Free Willie Shakespeare for the Vancouver Theatresports League which won the Jessie Richardson Theatre Award for Excellence in Interactive Theatre.

1 comment:

  1. i'm a bit sad, it's not on my Netgalley, pretty bummer when they region lock =( would have been nice to read it too

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs