Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: That's Just Crazy!

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

This week's TTT is crazy/outrageous things we've done in the name of books.

Ash-
I can't really think of anything crazy I've done for books. I guess I'll just list what I have done that might be moderately crazy?

1. Gone to midnight releases. Of course as a bibliophile/geek in general that's a normal one. Going to midnight showings of movies, releases of books/comics/games. But for anyone not in our circle of geeks they just wouldn't understand. They think we're crazy.

2. Read for 24 hours straight. Okay maybe not straight, but we do 24 hour readathons quite often and people just never understand why I'm wanting to read so much.

3. Stay up way too late reading. I mean literally until the crack of dawn. And then remembering you have to go to school/work/take the kiddo to the bus stop and you're on zero sleeps. Way to go us.

4. Take books everywhere. No really. Everywhere. You never know when it might get boring/awkward and you just need a book to occupy your time.
5. Spent a crazy amount of money and traveled to another state. I'm talking about for BEA. It was crazy expensive between the tickets for it, the tickets for the plane, the hotel, food, and of course shipping books home.

Was it worth it? Absolutely!

Well, that's really all I can think of. I don't really think anything I do is outrageous. But others may? I don't really know! This was a really hard one!




Image result for crazy gif

Jenn-
I feel this week's Top Ten is a little difficult. I couldn't think of too many things I feel are crazy...maybe only because I think all things book related are sane not crazy. Not sure but like Ash, I did 5. So altogether we have 10.

1.When traveling to book expo. I have packed a bag inside a bag to have extra room to bring books back. I still had to ship books home too.

2. I have gone to many midnight releases… of the book and the movies made from said book, anything related to those books I was anxiously awaiting or already read and loved.

3. My phone has no music downloaded and no music apps. Only audio books and audio book apps…I never listen to music unless I am with other people. Audio books though, I have them on any time I can.

4. I have stayed up way too late just to finish a book when I know I have to work early in the morning. The exhausted feeling I have the entire next day.... worth it to get to that ending as soon as possible.

5. I have called in sick from work just to stay home and read a brand new highly anticipated book.

Image result for crazy gif



2 comments:

  1. Heehee! Find myself agreeing with these too! While I have never called in sick to stay home and read...I may have done that but instead went to an out of town author event! :D

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindle - don't leave home without it. That's my motto. You never know when the world will bore you, so I always have a book with me. It's a great way to avoid socializing with people as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs