Wednesday, April 24, 2019

It's Graphic Time: Nanami by Eric Corbeyran


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Theatre of the Wind (Nanami #1)Title: Theatre of the Wind 
Author: Eric Corbeyran 
Publisher: Europe Comics
Publishing Date: April 17th, 2019
Pages: 98
Genre: Fantasy Graphic Novel
TW: N/A
Series: Nanami Vol. 1
Source: E-ARC provided by Netgalley
 

When Nanami, a bored adolescent living life on automatic, finds a strange book that appears to be “inhabited," she tracks down the book’s owner only to be introduced to something even stranger: a theatre troupe whose members get projected into a parallel universe during rehearsal. The universe in question is the thrilling and romantic — but dangerous — world in which their play is set and in which wallflower Nanami becomes a warrior princess fighting for her life and her kingdom.
What made me pick this book up: 
I saw it on Netgalley and it looked super interesting.

What did I like about the cover: 
The beautiful colors and how it looked like a fantasy.

What made me read this book: 
I love parallel universe books. And this one sounded (And looked) amazing.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
I think so! The others aren't translated to English yet though. 




The artwork is really pretty. The colors are great and I love the way it's drawn. 







We don't get to know the characters very well yet. I like Nanami and I like her best friend. The old blind guy at the theater is interesting for sure. 






It's kind of slow at first and I feel like nothing really happens until the end. And then it's kind of like, wait what? What just happened? That's it? 






I really like the story of it. Finding a book, returning said book, acting like in a play and then being transported to another era? Or another universe basically. It's amazing. And kind of scary the thought of being... stuck. Not being able to leave or return to your own time. If you die there do you die in real life? 


Overall I really enjoyed this book. 


The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)The Sword of Mali Mani (Bird Boy, #1)The Legend of Bold RileySpectacle Vol. 1Umbral: Vol. 1: Out of the Shadows


2 comments:

  1. i think the artwork looks great! sorry you did not completely love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the artwork too, and I like some of the stuff coming out from europe Comics. Cool story. Sorry to hear the pacing wasn't better tho.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs