Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Wee Reads: My Island by Stephanie Demasse- Pottier

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



My IslandMy Island by Stephanie Demasse- Pottier


  
A young girl imagines a lovely island populated by thousands of birds, where she picnics with her animals, plays games, reads, and collects flowers. You too are welcome on this island, if you know how to dream. Gorgeous, colorful illustrations accompany this gentle yet impactful story that celebrates the imagination of young readers

Do you like this book?

Yeah! I really like it!

What's your favorite part of the book?

When she is in her house and she has big snails. I love snails!

What do you think of the cover?

I like it because the bird is on her head.


This is an absolutely stunning book about a brilliant little girl with a very colorful imagination.

The artwork is beautiful, it is well written, and I love the bright colors. It's gorgeous. 

I had a lot of fun reading this, and even Finn seemed to really enjoy it. 


Image result for my island by stephanie demasse-pottierImage result for my island by stephanie demasse-pottierImage result for my island by stephanie demasse-pottierImage result for my island by stephanie demasse-pottier

Similar Books...
Time for Bed, MiyukiThe Invisible GardenWe Are the GardenersAntonino's Impossible Dream

Born in 1972, Stéphanie Demasse-Pottier studied Literary Studies: BA L, MA in Modern Literature, MA in Documentation and a DEA in Comparative Literature on Teen Literature. Then, she works as a youth section librarian while starting to
write.Today she is married and has 2 daughters. She publishes her first children's book Too bad for the rain! at Grasset jeunesse (illustrated by Lucia Calfapietra / published on 30/08/2017).





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs