Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review: A Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)Title:  A Vision in  Silver 
Author:  Anne Bishop
Publisher: Roc
Publishing Date:  March 3rd, 2015
Pages: 400
Genre: Adult Paranormal /urban fantasy
Series:  The Others #3
Source:  Audio
 

The Others freed the cassandra sangue to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before; both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…

This is the 3rd book in this series. I really have been enjoying this series and the characters in this wonderful supernatural world. Each book comes more character exploration and more story building. This was a great read and I am curious to see where the story will lead. 



The war between the others and the Humans First and Last Movement continue in this book. Things are getting bad. Now that the young cassandra sangue girls have been saved, things seem to be looking up. Except they are not. Someone is killing the girls...Meg is distraught over this. Not only is this a thing... there is so much trouble stirring in this book. Meg and Simon and all their friends need to figure out things fast. 


So this is the third book, and I do feel this series is still going strong for me. I did feel this one was a little more slow in the beginning. I love the story in the background that causes each book to have it's own immediate story... but sometimes it feels that the story was stuck. I love the entire Humans First and Last Movement. I love the cops that help the others out... I love the fact that there are humans in the commune of others. I love a war is brewing but I need a bit more action and I hope the next book gives me that. 

That being said... what I really love about these books... the characters. There are so many and they are all so well developed and have such strong individual voices. Every book I am introduced to a few new ones and/or I get to know some a bit more. Of course I love Meg and Simon so so much but there are so many awesome characters in this book... such as the elementals and Vlad. Oh how I love him. I am so happy to see this world continues when this series is done. 

The romance is maybe getting somewhere in this book. I do love the tension and the banter and the silly antics between Simon and Meg... it's also nice to see a slow romance but.... I need one of them to make a move already! It doesn't make the romance bad but dang it I need more! 

So really this book is great. I love the story progression and the romance progression but the slowness of it just knocked my rating from a 5 to a 4. As long as this book keeps the array of wonderful characters and keep building up this beautiful and strange world... I will keep coming back! 


Still am loving this series!!! 



Anne Bishop

Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of fourteen novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. Her most recent novel, Twilight’s Dawn, made the New York Times bestseller list. She is currently working on a new series, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite series. I am happy you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heard a lot of good things! Oh yes, I read a lot of Caffeinated's reviews. But no.... it's too many books to read

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs