Saturday, March 23, 2019

It's Graphic Time! Snot Girl Vol 1: Green Hair Don't Care by Bryan Lee O'Malley


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't CareTitle: Green Hair Don't Care
Author: Bryan Lee O'Malley
Illustrator: Leslie Hung
Publisher: Image Comics
Publishing Date: February 28th, 2017
Pages: 136
Genre: Mystery Graphic Novel
TW: Some blood
Series: Snot Girl #1
Source: Book
 

Who is Lottie Person?
Is she a gorgeous, fun-loving social media star with a perfect life or a gross, allergy-ridden mess? Enter a world of snot, blood, and tears in this first collection from New York Times Best Seller Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim, Seconds) and dazzling newcomer Leslie Hung!
Collecting: Snotgirl 1-5
What made me pick this book up: 
This is another one of those that I picked up at half price books, the bright colors on the cover really caught my eye. 

What did I like about the cover: 
The colors. The artwork. The everything. Seriously. 

What made me read this book: 
I was really curious about this one. The synopsis doesn't give much away. So I had to know what this was about. 

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
YES I NEED THE SECOND ONE LIKE NOW *Hurry Jess!*



This artwork is stunning. The colors are bright and beautiful and super colorful. The art is adorable and almost... kawaii looking. If that makes sense. 





I actually really liked the characters. Lottie is very self obsessed, but it works for her. I feel like they're going to really turn her character around.

I liked her friends, they were very strongly written in the way Lottie sees them. One of them is adorable and has a ton of followers and goes to Japan and loves cats and the other is boring and forgettable. 

And then there's coolgirl. Who I really didn't think was all that cool. She was more just "meh" *shrug*.

Her ex-boyfriend is a total as*hat, and then there's Mister cop guy (Who I cannot for the life of me remember his name) and I really hope we get to see more of him, I really liked him. 



I think this one has a great pace. It's very even the whole time, it doesn't get slow, it doesn't seem to go by too fast. It's perfect.





This is about a fashion blogger who has terrible terrible allergies. She gets put on a new medication, and then meets this other fashion blogger she deems "coolgirl". She gives nicknames to all of her friends.
Well coolgirl takes her out to a bar (Lottie never goes to bars) and then something terrible happens.


The thing is, she doesn't know if it really happened or not.

This story is a mindtrip. You literally don't know what really happened or didn't happen the entire book. Is it real? Is it not? It's great.

What isn't great is THE MASSIVELY AWFUL CLIFFHANGER. I was taking a bath and I actually threw the book out of the tub and yelled "Son of a b--" my husband came in all startled.

So with that being said. Do not read this unless you have the second one, or don't mind cliffhangers. Don't do it. 



I liked this book so much more than I ever thought I would. 


Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy (Lumberjanes, Vol. 1)NimonaRat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)Paper Girls, Vol. 1Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1: Showtime (Jem and the Holograms #1)


Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and formerly in several short-lived Toronto bands).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs