Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It's Graphic Time! Scooby Apocalypse Vol. 1 by Keith Giffen, Jim Lee, Howard Porter, and J.M. DeMatteis


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Scooby Apocalypse, Volume 1Title: Scooby Apocalypse Vol. 1
Author: Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis
Illustrator: Jim Lee, Howard Porter
Publisher: DC Comics
Publishing Date: February 7th, 2017
Pages: 200
Genre: Sci-Fi Horror Graphic Novel
TW: Violence
Series: Scooby Apocalypse
Source: Book
 

Fred. Daphne. Velma. Shaggy. Scooby-Doo. Roaming the globe in their lime-green Mystery Machine, they've solved countless crimes and debunked dozens of sketchy supernatural shenanigans.
But what if the horror was real?
Something terrible has transformed our world, turning millions of people into mindless zombie hordes. And only five people--well, four people and one mangy mutt--have the smarts, the skills and the sheer crazy courage to stare down doomsday.
Can these pesky kids and their canine companion--using every incredible contraption in their arsenal--defeat the evil that has overwhelmed planet Earth? We've got only one thing to say about that: ZOINKS!
From comics mastermind Jim Lee and the superstar creative team of Keith Giffen (JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001), J.M. DeMatteis (JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK) and Howard Porter (JLA) comes SCOOBY APOCALYPSE, a whole new spin on the most beloved paranormal investigators in history. Get ready to give Scooby Snacks a whole new meaning! SCOOBY APOCALYPSE VOLUME 1 collects issues #1-6.
What made me pick this book up: 
The title. Scooby Apocalypse. The cover is cute too. I love seeing all the characters looking badass and apocalyptic.

What made me read this book: 
Scooby doo? Apocalypse? Yes! I NEEDED this in my life.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Absolutely! I have the second one I just need to read it. 



I absolutely love the artwork in this book. I love the colors and the way it all looks apocalyptic. 





First of all I love the style of the characters. 

The way they are all dressed hipster (Like Shaggy. Helloooo Shaggy) or apocalyptic in their gear. 

I love how they all have their personality from the original show, but they also are more badass. Shaggy and Scooby are still my favorites though, and Daphne still gets on my nerves. Some things never change I guess. 


This book is kind of slow. It takes a while to get into the story of it. I picked it up and put it down 3 times before finally just reading it. 

I understand it's the first in the series and they kind of have to work up and show a bit of backstory though.




I like how this starts just like a normal book with a normal life, and then BAM apocalypse. Like I said, it starts off slow, but once it's going, it's really going. 

The monsters are also all very unique and terrifying, and the humor in this book is classic Scooby Doo. It definitely had me laughing out loud a few times. 




Overall I think this is a solid start to the series, and I can't wait to read more.


The Flintstones, Vol. 1Future Quest, Vol. 1DC Meets Hanna-BarberaGotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy


3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I've been loving this series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun and who doesn't love Scooby and the gang. The graphics look sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love scooby. even met him at the state fair here in pensacola florida
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs