Sunday, March 3, 2019

Review: The Decorator Who Knew Too Much by Diane Vallere

The Decorator Who Knew Too Much (A Madison Night Mystery Book 4)Title: The Decorator Who Knew Too Much
Author: Diane Vallere 
Publisher: Henry Press
Publishing Date:  April 18th, 2017
Pages: 265
Genre: Adult Cozy Mystery
Series:  Mad for Mod Mystery #4
Source:  Audio
 

When Interior Decorator Madison Night accepts an assignment in Palm Springs with handyman Hudson James, she expects designing days and romantic nights. But after spotting a body in the river by the job site, she causes a rift in the team. Add in the strain of recurring nightmares and a growing dependency on sleeping pills, and Madison seeks professional help to deal with her demons.

She learns more about the crime than she’d like thanks to girl talk with friends, pillow talk with Hudson, and smack talk with the local bad boys. And after the victim is identified as the very doctor she’s been advised to see, she wonders if what she knows can help catch a killer. An unlikely ally helps navigate the murky waters before her knowledge destroys her, and this time, what she doesn’t know might be the one thing that saves her life.

I am more than halfway through this series and I am going to miss it when it's gone. I have been listening to them on audio but I think I need to buy all the paperbacks for my shelf. I love looking at them and I think I will want to re-read them one day. Anyways, this installment was a blast. I love it when characters in books travel and then add a murder mystery on top of it. Of course we have the great story but we also have the wonderful characters and also the fun of the retro decorating. Another great book for this series! 

Madison now has a thing with Hudson and they are off to their first getaway to Hudson's sister's house. They needs some help revamping a business opportunity. Hudson can do the construction planning and Madison can do the design planning. Sounds fun and it's also a getaway... what can go wrong... well murder, affairs, and lots of lies. Madison is in over her head like the body she found in the river. 


This was another wonderfully fun and exciting read in this series. I am sad I am almost done but this author has many more series to start YAY!  I just adore her characters, her writing, her murders, he covers, her clever titles. She really has the whole package for me. I am ready to add all her books to my home library. 

Madison is such a great character. Every book she surprises me more. She is quite the sophisticated woman but with sass and bravery and good morals. She is always fighting with herself on what is the right thing to do. In this story that is even more of fight since she knows a little too much about all the other people's business in this town... even Hudson's sister has secrets. She struggles with what she knows and who she should tell. I love that she struggles to the right thing morally and also what would be the right thing to do to keep all those involved safe... you know alive instead of murdered. 

This book focuses more on Hudson than any of the other books. I do love Hudson but I don't know if he is the right one for Madison. I personally like the other guy.... Lt. Allen. I just adore Tex and I am sad to say he wasn't much in this book... however he was in the background so he still hanging one. Maybe in the next book... 

I just don't feel the romance or the chemistry with Hudson and Madison. There is something missing. It's not horrible but I felt so much more of a connection between Tex and Madison. So the romance did lack for me a bit. Not too much. Maybe I am just butt hurt for Tex. Really though this is the only thing that slightly lacked for me. The rest of the book was just right. 

This read was very fast paced, exciting, thrilling, mystery was so fun. I love this book and this series. 



It's a winner just like the others. 





Diane Vallere


I grew up reading both Trixie Belden mysteries and Vogue magazine and learned how to spot a counterfeiting ring and accessorize a wardrobe. Now I use that knowledge to dream up plots for the humorous mysteries I write. I still love accessories, only now some of them are accessories to murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs