Monday, March 4, 2019

Bookish Banter: Those Books, I should have read by now!

A little Bookish Banter to get us through.  Bookish Banter is a little bit of banter about our bookish thoughts as we have a friendly discussion over a nice cup of tea. 

Do you have those books that you are ashamed you have not read yet? The books that have been on your TBR, you want to read them, and everyone has read them and are constantly talking about them? 

Jenn- 
I don't know if I have too many of these. I mean I see lots of books being talked about... but the truth is I like and want to read so many books, I am a mood reader, and a book can sit on my TBR for years. I do have tons of books I do wish I have read by now. Mostly series... but there are some classics I have never read either. I am horrible at getting to classics. It's like I am afraid of classics. I am ashamed of that. They do scare me. Also those really big books.... yes they scare me too. There are a few really popular books I have read and didn't like with everyone else. So really hyped books scare me too. But really the ones I am really ashamed of are the ones everyone loves, I have started and loved but never finished the series... number one on my list... 

Image result for number one gif

Here is a confession. I am only halfway through the Harry Potter series. I got through the first four... then they started to get really really long. The audio is like over 23 hours. That is scary. I have seen all the movies so um what's the rush right. lol. I think at this point.... I need to just re-read those I have read and just finish out the series.... they are so long though. UGH! 

Image result for its so scary gif

Some other ones I am ashamed I have never read.... well some of the classics like these 

Brave New WorldThe Legend of Sleepy HollowThe Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde1984

These are a few I would  like to read and haven't . There are plenty of classics I have not read and really have no desire to read. I am not a big classic kind of reader. 


Ash-
I don't know that I'm ashamed that I haven't read them yet, but I know there's some that everyone seems to have read that I mostly want to read just to know what the heck people are talking about. With most of these I don't particularly WANT to read these, they're not really my type. But again, I want to read them because everyone has.

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)


So what are you ashamed you haven't read yet. Is there any books that you just think.... yea I should have read that... I don't know why I haven't.... I just won't tell anyone! 



      

4 comments:

  1. There are a couple series I have gotten behind on and I can't believe I haven't read the current books. Mainly because I HAVE to finish the series. I'm obsessive like that. I need to get current on Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark, I'm missing one of Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld, and I'm WAY behind on Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have read a nice cross section of classics when I was in high school. I have no desire to read any more. I read quite a few of those SFF books up there (5). I think my shame lies in all the series I have not finished. What am I waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn: I haven't even read any Harry Potter books, so you're ahead of me lol!
    Ash: *Raises hand to every single book on your list* You aren't alone ha!
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of times I feel like I'm the last person to read a book, and I've added a few books to my TBR because it seems like every other blogger has read them. Unfortunately, I get burned that way! I don't know that I actually wanted to read Six of Crows, but I did, and I didn't enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs