Friday, June 8, 2018

Author Interview: April Henry



This interview is with April Henry who has written quite a few books I really love. I am so so excited that she has allowed me to ask her these questions and took the time to answer them. 

Books by April Henry that I have read:
Girl, Stolen (Girl, Stolen #1)The Girl Who Was Supposed to DieThe Night She DisappearedThe Girl I Used to Be

First let's get to know a little bit about what makes you, you...

Where are you from? 


April: Medford, Oregon, a small town. I now live in Portland, Oregon, a fairly large city. 

Is your name a pen name? If so what inspired you to pick that name?


April: That’s my birth name. I didn’t change my name when I got married. 

3 facts about yourself?


April: I’m really stubborn. I can make a cloverleaf shape with my tongue. I buy almost all my clothes on eBay. 

What are some of your favorite things in general? (Food, shows, movies, anything you want to share with us)


April: I love Brazilian jiu-jitsu, cooking, reading, and anything salty. 

Now let's talk about you as an author...

When did you start writing and what was the first thing you ever wrote?


April: A short story about a six-foot frog who loved peanut butter. http://www.aprilhenry.com/roald-dahl-made-me-a-writer.html

What inspired you to start writing?


April: I loved to read. 

What are some of your favorite authors/favorite reads?


http://www.aprilhenry.com/books-i-like.html

What do you have planned for the future? Any other book or series ideas, or do you plan to keep writing in the series you already have out?


April: I have a book coming out in January called The Lonely Dead. Then in August a book called The White Van. I am just submitting ideas for new books to my editor. 

I have read several of your books now, and I have to admit, I love all of them. 

Which was your favorite to write?


April: Girl, Stolen was so interesting to research. I learned a lot about what it’s like to be blind. 

Where do you get your ideas for the books? 


April: Most of them come from news stories.

Do you prefer writing standalones or series? 


April: Series can be easier but lately, I have been writing standalones. 

Do you have a favorite character? 


Gabie in The Night She Disappeared or Tye in The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die.

For more from April Henry visit her website here


I write mysteries and thrillers. I live in Portland, Oregon with my family.
If you've read one of my books, I would love to hear from you. Hearing from readers makes me eager to keep writing.
When I was 12, I sent a short story about a six-foot tall frog who loved peanut butter to Roald Dahl, the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He liked it so much he arranged to have it published in an international children's magazine.
My dream of writing went dormant until I was in my 30s, working at a corporate job, and started writing books on the side. Those first few years are now thankfully a blur. Now I'm very lucky to make a living doing what I love. I have written 20 novels for adults and teens, with more on the way. My books have gotten starred reviews, been picked for Booksense, translated into six languages, been named to state reading lists, and won the Oregon Book Award.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs