Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wee Reads: I'm A Unicorn by Mallory C. Loehr

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 

What Finn Reads....  
I'm a Unicorn (Little Golden Book)I'm A Unicorn by Mallory C. Loehr


  

A magical Little Golden Book for little unicorn lovers!
I am moonlight white.
I have a magical horn.
I look a lot like a horse, of course. . .
So begins this charming Little Golden Book that introduces the magical unicorn to the littlest readers! In this sweet story, gorgeously illustrated by Disney artist Joey Chou, a unicorn tells the readers all about herself ("My horn can make water clean, or heal a hurt") and her magical life ("I frolic in the forest, I prance in the fields"). Sure to delight little ones who love the magic of fairy tales and beautiful creatures!

What Finn Thinks...
Do you like this book?
 Yeah! I like lots of unicorns. They're my favorite

What's your favorite part of the book?
Lots of unicorns playing hide and seek. I love hide and seek. I like the unicorn with the cloud on his butt. It's funny. His name is thundercloud

What do you think of the cover?
I like it because of the unicorn. I like the horn.. I want a horn

Do you want me to read it again?
Yeah, next year is tomorrow

What Momma Thinks... 
This book is absolutely stunning. The images are beautiful and magical. It gives you a feel of being calm, serene, and.. yes magical. Of course. Of course unicorns are my favorite thing ever. And I swear this book was made for me. Not only is it about unicorns, it also has fairies, foxes, gnomes, and mermaids. Needless to say, this book is now momma's.

Some of our favorite pages:

 
Similar Books...

Goodnight Unicorn: A Magical ParodyUni the Unicorn (Uni the Unicorn, #1)A Unicorn Named Sparkle (A Unicorn Named Sparkle #1)Not Quite NarwhalThelma the Unicorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs