Monday, February 3, 2020

January 2020 Monthly Recap + February TBR

Here's our monthly recap! 
We decided to start doing a monthly recap. Since we post and read a ton we will highlight what our favorite things were and what we hope to read the upcoming month. 

If you would like to see all our posts, here are our weekly wrap-ups:

December 29th - January 4th
January 5th-11th
January 12th-18th
January 19th-25th






Ash's Month!

 I read 31 books in January 
 We didn't see any movies in theater, whomp whomp 
 We stayed at the Doseum in San Antonio with Finn's Cubscouts 
 My best friend visited from Louisiana 
 I signed up for my first vendor fair thing in March 
 I got an apple watch and a new phone! 
 Finn got honor roll! 
 I watched roughly 30 movies in January 
 I started a new horror movie feature! 


Here's a few great photos from January:
 

January reading stats:

 YA: 14
 Adult: 2
 Childrens: 8
 Graphic Novels: 4
 MG: 1
 Nonfiction: 2

My favorite books read in January:

5 Stars:
Everything Alice: The Wonderland Book of Makes and BakesGame (I Hunt Killers, #2)

4 Stars:
Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of ShadowsAmong the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)I Hunt Killers (I Hunt Killers, #1)Shock PointFlunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)The Canterville GhostRebornPlague World (REMADE Book 3)Disney Manga: TangledBlood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)


Books I hope to read in February (Aiming high! But I think I can do it!)
Someday, SomewhereAlien Invasion and Other InconveniencesAll of Us with WingsDreambenderJane Doe (Jane Doe, #1)Injection, Vol. 1Pretty Deadly, Vol. 1: The Shrike

Blackout (Blackout, #1)Contagion (Contagion, #1)The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1)Eleanor & ParkThe Final Six (The Final Six, #1)Girl in PiecesHouse of TeethImmunity (Contagion, #2)Junkyard Cats

Finding Mr. Better-Than-YouDark and Deepest RedThe Coldest Girl in ColdtownLooking for AlaskaFive Feet Apart

Sick Kids in LoveLove and First SightAmong the Impostors (Shadow Children, #2)Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins, #1)SweetheartsThe Lovely and the Lost

Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3)Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School, #4)
Henry, The Gaoler (Serenity House, #2)Ella, The Slayer (Serenity House, #1)Alice, the Player (Serenity House, #3)Rory, the Sleeper (Serenity House, #4)


Jenn-

 I read 19 books in January 
♥ I played 46 games with a total of 53 plays 
♥ I hosted my first game night on meet-up. I met new people 
♥ I also got a new apple watch and a new phone! 
♥ I started walking about 2 miles a day 


Books Read in January - 

Reading Stats: 19 Books


 YA: 12

 Adult: 5

 Graphic Novels: 2


Favorite books:

5 Star:

Wherever She GoesThe Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)ReputationChasing the ShadowsA Constellation of Roses


4 Star:

Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)Lady Killer, Vol. 2Not Even Bones (Market of Monsters, #1)Chasing the ShadowsMs. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal

February Hopefuls:

currently reading:
Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)Trapped

Want to read:

Murder & Marble Cake (Comfort Cakes Cozy Mysteries, #1)Blood CountessFrom Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)Only Ashes Remain (Market of Monsters, #2)My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)All the Pretty ThingsScammed (Vale Hall, #2)Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes #2)Five Feet ApartShades of Stars (Lola Pink Mysteries #2)The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)Hitches, Hideouts, & Homicides (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #7)A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)The Age of MiraclesThe Secret of a Heart NoteIgnite Me (Shatter Me, #3)The Invisible ManBroken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)The Lonely DeadEvery Stolen BreathMagic Study (Study, #2)Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)Plague Land RebornOff Planet (Aunare Chronicles, #1)Peter PanThe Call of CthulhuWhat Goes UpBlood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)Dare You to LieThe Murder ListSkyward (Skyward, #1)Have You Seen HerFollow MePretty as a PictureThe Twin



Favorite New Games Played: 

Cosmic Factory Cover ArtworkWreck Raiders Cover Artwork


How was your month of January? Anything new and exciting or just good ole' fun? Did you get a lot of reading done? 


9 comments:

  1. 31 books is awesome! Wow. Love the food pics too. :) And 19 books- you guys are like machines haha. I loved Contagion- hope you do too. And some of those thrillers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you both had spectacular reading months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you both had such great reading months. And I loves stuffed peppers so your pic is making me hungry, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I read I Hunt Killers, but I remember liking it. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown was another hit. Happy reading, ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks yummy. I hope you’re both having a great February and getting lots of reading done.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you both on your achievements through January!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...look at all those beauties. keep up the great work
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the books. Many I have read or want to read. Here's to a great February!!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs