Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Wee Reads: Hector's Favorite Place by Jo Rooks

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



Hector's Favorite PlaceHector's Favorite Place by Jo Rooks
  

Hector loves his home! It's comfy, snuggly, and safe. But sometimes Hector relies on the safety of his home too much--he's invited to play outside with his friends, but he worries about the potential problems he might encounter. Soon Hector realizes that his worries are keeping him from enjoying himself, so he needs to learn to be brave and try new things.

Do you like this book?

Yeah! Because I like hedgehogs and I like that he wears a bowtie.

What's your favorite part of the book?

When he rolled on the ice when he went ice skating, because he's a hedgehog so falling won't hurt him!

What do you think of the cover?

I like the hedgehog and I think he's very comfortable.

Hector's Favorite place is an adorable, well written book about a hedgehog named Hector who is scared to leave his house! He loves talking to his friends and he wants to go out and have fun, but then he starts to get all this anxiety about getting sick, getting lost, hurting himself, or people making fun of him. Eventually he decides it'll be too much fun to miss this party! So he goes and realizes he had nothing to be afraid of.

Guys I relate to this so hard. I have the worst anxiety and most of the time my house is my favorite place to be. There have been so many times where I've had to stop being scared and anxious and realize that all those things I was worried about were just silly and I end up having fun!

The artwork is adorable and it's written so well. It had Finn giggling while also teaching that there's nothing to be afraid of. 


Similar Books...
Me And My FearHelp!: A Story of FriendshipWhen Sadness Is at Your DoorApple Trouble!


Jo Rooks is an illustrator, author, and graphic designer living in leafy South West London with her husband and two children. Jo studied at Bath School of Art and Design and pursued a career in graphic design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs