Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Completely Series-Us: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga


Completely Series-us is a new feature where we post about a series. 

Ash-
The series I'm highlighting is I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga 


I Hunt Killers (I Hunt Killers, #1)
Title: I Hunt Killers
Author: Barry Lyga
Publisher: Little, Brown, and Co.
Publishing Date:  April 3rd, 2012
Pages: 359
Audio Length: 9 Hours and 29 Minutes
Genre: YA Mystery Horror
TW: Mention of rape
Series: I Hunt Killers #1
Source: Audio
 

What if the world's worst serial killer...was your dad?
Jasper "Jazz" Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.
But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could—from the criminal's point of view.
And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.
In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret—could he be more like his father than anyone knows?
Mini Review:
I had read this book years ago but never finished the series. I really enjoyed it then I had just gotten distracted with other books. 
So I decided to re-read it and finish the series.
I rated this one a 5 star before but only a 4 star this time, and I think that's because I knew what was going on. 
Even with knowing what was going though I still felt myself getting so completely wrapped up in the story. It still had me trying to catch my breath, sitting on the edge of my seat. That's how you know it's a good book. 
It is very dark, and very gruesome, as you expect a book about a serial killer is.
Game (I Hunt Killers, #2)Title: Game
Publishing Date: March 26th, 2013 
Pages: 520 
Audio Length: 13 Hours 28 Minutes
Genre: YA Mystery Horror
TW: Rape
Series: I Hunt Killers #2
Source: Audio
 
Mini Review:
This was my favorite of the series. It had me wondering what was happening next and again had me trying to catch my breath and sitting on the edge of my seat. I think the story and the mystery is better in this one, along with the "Oh sh*t" moments. 


Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)
Title: Blood of my Blood
Publishing Date: September 9th, 2014 
Pages: 464
Audio Length: 10 Hours and 52 Minutes
Genre: YA Mystery Horror
TW: Rape
Series: I Hunt Killers #3
Source: Audio
 
Mini Review:
This was my least favorite of the series. I felt like it wasn't written as well and it was very predictable. I still rated it a 4, because it was still good. Just not my favorite. 
Jenn was talking about how dark it was and it didn't feel as dark to me. I also figured out the "big twist" before I was supposed to I think. 



This was a really great, creepy, dark, scary read. If you like serial killers, blood, mystery, or horror then I highly suggest this series.









Found around the web:
Image result for i hunt killers fanartImage result for i hunt killers fanartImage result for i hunt killers fanartImage result for i hunt killers fanart

Dream Cast:

Jazz Dent
Dylan O'Brien

Billy Dent
Michael Fassbender

Connie Hall
China Anne McClain

Howie Gerston
Joey Bragg

Grandma Dent
Estelle Harris

G. William
Stacy Keach



1 comment:

  1. I loved this series when I read it and would someday like to reread. The second book was by far the best one for me-- which is surprising since middle books in series tend to not wow me. Glad you finished and liked this series :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs