Saturday, April 28, 2018

Wee Reads: Rusty the Squeaky Robot by Neil Clark

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



Rusty The Squeaky RobotRusty the Squeaky Robot by Neil Clark

  

Rusty is a friendly robot, but not a very happy one; he’s feeling down about the way that he sounds. The other robots on Planet Robotone – Belle, Twango, Hoot and Boom-Bot – show Rusty that being a little bit different is the best way to be, and together make a raucous song and dance that celebrates their differences. This charming story about friendship, self-discovery and the strength of pooling everyone's talents together has a strong, empowering message of acceptance and embracing individuality. With wonderful, contemporary illustrations that will appeal to young children and parents alike, the story will provoke thought – and conversation – about being different, and how we should all embrace our characteristics and be comfortable and confident in ourselves

Do you like this book?
Yeah! I love the squeaky robot! Robots are my favorite!

What's your favorite part of the book?
I like all the robots it shows! I like Boom-Bot and Twang! They're my favorite robots. And I like Hoot too!

What do you think of the cover?
I love the robot. And I like the flower on the cover and all the colors are pretty.

Do you want me to read it again?
Yes!




The colors in this book are amazing. The illustrations are adorable. I loved reading this book to Finn, it was so much fun and it had a great story about being yourself and not being ashamed.



Similar Books...
I like RobotsR Is for Robot: A Noisy AlphabetClinkThe Robot AlphabetRobot Opposites


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs