Friday, April 13, 2018

Bloggy Buddies: Meet Jessica



Introducing Bloggy Buddy where we feature the bloggy friends we love so much!


Hello everyone! This week our blogger buddy is Jessica from a Great Read. Jessica holds a very special place in my heart. She was my very first follower when this blog started in 2012. We have been commenting and stalking for 6 years now. I remember her first comment. She was very excited that she was my first follower. Not as excited as I was. She is a wonderful blogger. I love her blog and the content she puts out. We share the love for all things fantasy and paranormal. She is the sweetest and the coolest. So everyone, say hi to Jessica! 




How long have you been blogging?

I've been blogging since January 29, 2009 with my very first blog post going up, an embarrassing review of Rachel Vincent's Pride

What inspired you to start blogging?

It wasn't so much inspiration, but a contest hosted by Rachel Vincent where you got more entry points for the more places you reviewed Pride, her latest release. I had posted to Borders and Amazon, possibly B&N and then thought a blog post would be something else I could do. Thus the creation of my blog came to be!


What was your first blog post?


As I mentioned, it was an embarrassing review of Pride by Rachel Vincent. Embarrassing because I had no clue what I was doing when it came to writing a review. There weren't many bloggers around in those days, so I had no examples to follow from or get inspired by.


What are some unique features you do on your blog?


I guess the only meme that's my own original one is my Random Thursday post! It's pretty much exactly as it sounds by being "random"! I share random/weird/obscure facts from wherever I learned them!


What was your inspiration for your blog design and name?


My current theme was a custom design that I won! What I wanted to go for was darker colors because most of the blogs I followed were white or some other light color. Too much white and light strains my eyes, so I wanted to go different with the dark colors! I like the night time look with starry skies...even though I am soooo NOT a night owl! But basically just having a silhouette of a girl reading was perfect for me, for that's me! Just a girl who likes to read!

What genres do you like to read and feature? 

I read any level of paranormal reads! Be they young adult, new adult, or adult! If it's paranormal I'm likely to look at it! Though I do enjoy fantasy at any level too! I love a good fantasy because they kind of stem off paranormal reads what with their magic! And oddly enough, I also enjoy a good thriller or mystery. For with thrillers you still have monsters, they just look human! And I also enjoy the occasional dystopian read as well, but they are fewer of those that I pick up.


What were some of your favorite reads from last year?


Well, since I finally got caught up the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, I can say books 8-12 were definitely top hits! Hunting Prince Dracula, The Language of Thorns, There's Someone Inside Your House, Roar, Dreamfall, Hunted, Old as Time, Caraval were among some of my other favorites too!

Three blogs you really love?




Cornerfolds







And lastly, tell us a bit about yourself and your blog.


Well, I am definitely an introvert, but aren't all readers? Lol! My blog was made on a whim, a simple contest entry to score extra points in a contest, that I sadly didn't win. But I kept it up because I thought it would be fun to have somewhere to talk about the books I read even if no one else reads the posts. I don't have friends who like to read in my real life versus my virtual life--lol--so this outlet was definitely something I needed! I find that I am a weird person, I like my books filled with vampires, werewolves, and all other things that go bump in the night yet I still thoroughly enjoy my Disney movies and anything and everything Disney related! I am a hardcore Supernatural fan and have been since day 1, and I also love Scooby Doo and have since childhood...so naturally Scoobynatural last week was my jam! I still enjoy cartoons as well despite being "an adult" but yet like shows like Supernatural and Stranger Things as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs