Sunday, April 8, 2018

Tag, You're It: Book Blogger Test Tag

Stolen from Lindsey @ A Rambling Reviewer


1. Top 3 Pet Book Hates?



Ash- 
1.) Slow books that seem like they're going nowhere.
2.) Books with weird endings/endings that don't match the rest of the book.
3.) Too much details in everything.

Jenn: 
1- slow books. I feel that 3/4 of the book should not be filled with story build but still in no where land. The story should have movement and movement in the right direction. 
2- lack of character developement. I hate flat characters. I need to know these chracters. I need to hear their voice in my head clearly as I hear my own. 
3- Ending with no resolution. I really don't like cliffhangers but I don't mind them as much as the endings that are left to my imagination. No I need clear resolution. 


2. Perfect reading spot?


Ash-
Depends on my mood really. Sometimes I like my bed, sometimes the couch. I really like it outside on the porch when it's raining. Perfect.

Jenn: 
My bed. I love to lay on my bed and read. I do also like reading in the bath and on my couch, and outside on a nice day. But the perfect way to end my day is reading in bed. 

3. Three book confessions?


Ash- 
1.) I dog ear books. Bad. Even if I have book marks around, I won't use them.
2.) I love old worn out looking books. The older the better.
3.) Sometimes I don't remember a book, even right after I read it. Like if it's not a book I was really interested in. I won't remember most of it.

Jenn: 
1- I like to read books with no real depth. The guilty pleasure read. I read  purely for the enjoyment of the characters and their drama. 
2- I love to smell and pet books 
3. I have a book buying addiction. It's bad really. I will buy books I hav no plans to read in the immediate future. I see it I want it I buy it. 

4. Last time you cried reading a book?

Ash- 
Moonrise



Jenn: 
Kids of Appetite

5. Number of books on your bedside table?


Ash- 
My makeup vanity is my bedside table and I just cleaned it off. So currently none.

Jenn:
Just my kindle currently.


6. Favourite reading snack?


Ash- 
Depends on my mood. I like turtle chex mix a lot when reading. 

Jenn: 
Usually pretzels. 


7. Three books you’d recommend to anyone?


Ash- 
1.) If you like humor/nonfiction
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)

2.) If you like dystopian romance
Brave New Girl (Brave New Girl, #1)

3.) If you like thrillers
What Waits in the Woods


Jenn: 

Contemporary Romance
Starry Eyes

Thriller 
The Dead List


Retelling
The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)



8. A picture of your favourite bookshelf



Ash-

Jenn: 
I decided to find a pic of a dream bookshelf
Image result for awesome bookshelves

9. How much books mean to you (in three words)

Ash-
Books are life

Jenn: 
I breath books



10. Biggest reading secret


Ash-
I sometimes skim books. A lot. I mean like half a page or more. 

Jenn:
I can't remember much from books days after I read them.... including titles. I used to be a walking card cartalog. Now I just can't remember any of it.






2 comments:

  1. I have a really bad memory when it comes to books sometimes, too, that's why I'm glad I started blogging because now I have a record of stuff! A bad ending is a pet peeve of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs