Sunday, August 12, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: July 5th- 11th


Weekly Wrap-Up 
July 29th- August 4th

This week on our blog:


Weekly Memes and Features:
It's Monday!What Are You Reading?



Jenn's week:



It seems all I am doing right now is working. I have managed to get some reading done but not as much as I liked. Some of my reading has gone down, I am training this week at work so I havn't been able to audio as much. Television: just finishing up Vampire Diaries. Probably this week. Once My hubby is done with this last season, we will find a new show to start. I did manage to play some games. 

Games we played: 


 My reads last week and hopeful this week. 


Books Finished: 
Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1)These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)All These Beautiful Strangers



Books Coming Up: 


SmotheredDiners, Dives & Dead Ends (Rose Strickland Mystery, #1)A Stranger in the HouseSea WitchDance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)The Death and Life of Eleanor Parker





Ash's week:


Another slow week. Had Tuesday and Wednesday off and got a whole bunch of cleaning and laundry done.

We went out to dinner on Wednesday, and then went to Rogue's Gallery, which is a game/comics shop near us. We got a couple new games and I got the first Locke & Key, which I'm suuuper excited about.


Saturday we went to my neighbors little girls birthday party. The theme was unicorns. It was adorable and definitely party goals.


Then Saturday night a friend of ours came over and we played games and just had fun in general.


Next weekend is Finn's birthday party, and I'm super excited about it. We bought his gifts and decorations and ordered the cake. Next is food and party favors. But those will wait until next Friday. 


And! We started meal prep. So I have me and John's lunches made for the whole week!


I have also started doing microwaved egg cups. They are amazing. And also breakfast smoothies. So I plan on putting the ingredients for that in baggies. 



Our recipes this week:


Turkey burger wraps with green beans


Slow cooker chicken with bacon gravy




Green Chile Chicken We made this in the crockpot instead of the oven.




Chedder BBQ beef cups





This week I watched...

Extinction Poster

Release date: July 27th, 2018
Starring: Michael Pena, Lizzy Caplan
What it's about:
A father has a recurring dream about losing his family. His nightmare turns into reality when the planet is invaded by a force bent on destruction. Fighting for their lives, he comes to realize an unknown strength to keep them safe from harm.

What I thought:
This was so slow. I felt like it could have been so good but I just feel like it was just drawn out and not done very well. I almost didn't finish it.


 

La maison des secrets (2018)
Release date: February 1, 2018
Starring: Patty McCormack, Angie Peterson
What it's about: A mother and her young daughter move into a new house looking for a new start. But they realize that they will become part of a dark history.
What I thought:
This one was actually pretty great. It had me on the edge of my seat and it was easy to follow.





Barely got any reading done, like I said, it was an off week.

Ash's Audio:
Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2)You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1)The Loneliest Girl in the UniverseDating Disasters of Emma Nash


Ash's Books:
Nuffin



What Ash wants to read and listen to this week: 
The Cabin at the End of the WorldAfter AliceTo Catch a Killer (Erin Blake #1)Eleanor (The Unseen, #1)Space OperaCount All Her Bones (Girl, Stolen, #2)Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)The Wicked Deep



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your weeks were very different. But you both got some great reads! Enjoy:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with anyone who does the meal prep thing. I'm always scrambling to throw something together at the last minute and usually run short on time and say "forget it, I'll go out for lunch." Ha. Btw, do you have three different sets of dishes?? I wish I had that much storage space! :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - You started reading Saga? How did you like it??

    Ash - Sounds like you had a good week! A unicorn themed party sounds amazing, haha. And the egg cups and breakfast smoothies sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vampire Diaries are one of the many series I need to get round to watching. Fitting it in around my reading is more of an issue! That bacon gravy looks tasty and I love the look of that cheese BBQ beef cups! Do you have recipes?!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs