Saturday, August 11, 2018

Tag, You're It! Nope Tag

Stolen from Rachelle at Shell's Stories

Image result for nope gif



1. NOPE. Ending: A book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage, or simply because the ending was crappy.



Ash- 
My most recent one was the ending to Daughters Unto Devils. If you've read it, you understand.


2. NOPE. Protagonist: A main character you dislike and drives you crazy.

Ash- 
I can name a few... America Singer from The Selection, Mary from Forest of Hands and Teeth, the stupid MC from A Midsummer Night's Scream. I just read this one, and I just can't.

3. NOPE. Series: A series that turned out to be one huge pile of NOPE. after you’ve invested all of that time and energy on it, or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it anymore.

Ash-
The freaking Shadow Hunters series. I'm so done.

4. NOPE. Popular pairing: A “ship” you don’t support.

Ash-
Edward and Bella? Lol

5. NOPE. Plot twist: A plot twist you didn’t see coming or didn’t like.

Ash-
I did not see the twist in Screams You Hear coming.

6. NOPE. Protagonist action/decision: A character decision that made you shake your head NOPE.

Ash-
Ugh. The MC from Creed. There was so much she should have done and didn't and ugh.

7. NOPE. Genre: A genre you will never read.

Ash-
Straight up romance. Nope not for me.


8. NOPE. Book format: Book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition

Ash-
I don't care much for e-books. They're great in theory. But they NEVER hold my attention.

9. NOPE. Trope: A trope that makes you go NOPE.

Ash-
This will FOREVER be love triangles. FOR EVER.


10. NOPE. Recommendation: A book recommendation that is constantly hyped and pushed at you that you simply refuse to read.

Ash-
So many. We'll go with 50 shades.

11. NOPE. Cliche/pet peeve: A cliché or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.

Ash-
When the MC is all about their crush. It's all like *insert name here* this and *insert name here* that. And just like SHUT UP ALREADY.

12. NOPE. Love interest: The love interest that’s not worthy of being one. A character you don’t think should have been a viable love interest.

Ash-
Bella? I mean she's the MC but why does she have two dudes fighting over her.


13. NOPE. Book: A book that shouldn’t have existed that made you say NOPE.

Ash-
A Midsummer Night's Scream. 


14. NOPE. Villain: A scary villain/antagonist you would hate to cross and would make you run in the opposite direction.

Ash-
That's hard for me. Because the heroes always win. So they don't look that bad. OOH! I know! The Whisperers from The Walking Dead. Just you wait!

15. NOPE. Death: A character death that still haunts you.

Ash-
Ugh I can't say. It would be a spoiler. But let's just say someone from The Selection series. I JUST read it and it still hurts.

16. NOPE. Author: An author you had a bad experience reading and have decided to quit.

Ash-
Cassandra Clare. Because she just writes the same thing over and over. 




5 comments:

  1. This was a fun tag! I agree with quite a few of these as well! Going to have to do this tag when I have time next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Straight up romance isn’t for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...NOPE to love triangles, romance books, MC's obsessed with their crush, and Cassandra Clare. Not only does she keep writing the same thing, she nicks all her plots from other authors! I'll be doing this tag once I get everything answered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, America Singer. Has to be one of the most annoying main characters ever. The girl worked my last nerve.
    Bella was one of the most bland love interests I've ever read. I never could understand why she had two guys coming to blows over her.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about Twilight and The Mortal Instruments is NOPE.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs