Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Novellas

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

Favorite Novellas/short stories.
no·vel·la

/nəˈvelə/
noun
  1. a short novel or long short story.

Ash- (All I could think of!)
Carniepunk: Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely SeaScary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1)Animal FarmThe Complete Tales and PoemsTales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #0.5)The OutsidersThe Silver KissLost in Wonderland (The Twisted and the Brave, #1)Trapped in Room 217

Jenn-
This one is hard for me because I am not that into short stories or novellas. So I will list ones from some of my favorite series that I hope to read and some that I have. Oh and I don't have ten, or I have more than 10. I'm not really sure. Here is my list. 

The ones I hope to read someday:

Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Shadows (Lux, #0.5)Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)

Jasper Dent series by Barry Lyga 

Lucky Day (Jasper Dent, #0.1)Career Day (Jasper Dent, #0.5)Neutral Mask (Jasper Dent, #0.6)Blood Boy (Jasper Dent, #0.8)



The Naturals series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes 


Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5)


Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer

Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)Fearless (Elemental, #1.5)Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)

Revenants series by Amy Plum

Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)


The one I have read and loved - The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5)


7 comments:

  1. I’m not a big fan of short stories and novellas. There’s just not enough meat to them. I would like to read all the Lunar Chronicle novellas, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the novellas and short stories on occasion. I don't seek them out but when an author writes one that's connected to a favorite series I am all over it! Nice picks too by the way! Both sets!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Animal Farm on another list this morning, and was surprise by how short it was. It seemed much longer when I read it in 9th grade. I do remember actually liking it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always enjoyed Poe's short stories. So creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about the stories in the Jasper Dent series. I wasn't a big fan of all of them but I loved that series. I feel like I need to read The Outsiders at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually prefer actual books rather than short stories but they can be handy in trying out new authors and series, especially when they are free!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs