Friday, July 27, 2018

Bloggy Buddies: Meet Kimberly

Introducing Bloggy Buddy where we feature the bloggy friends we love so much!

This week's Bloggy Buddy is all about Kimberly! Her blog is one of my favorites to read and she's always so sweet!
Plus we can totally relate to the caffeine addiction.

What name do you like to go by?
Hello Everyone I am delighted to be here! Kimberly but my Dad used to call me Kimba when I was little.
So when I created my username and blog, I began as Kimba to protect my privacy. Folks in the sphere call me Kimba, Kim and Kimberly. I answer to all of them, but if you wave a coffee at me, I will answer to anything!

How long have you been blogging?
August 14, 2018 marks my seven-year blogoversary. Who knew a hobby to help me get over an empty nest would turn into an addiction and eventually help me create my own business. I created Caffeinated Services back in 2015. It is a PR firm working with authors and I love my job.

What inspired you to start blogging?
As I stated in the previous question it began as my children left the nest. At the time, I worked part-time outside the home and suddenly had all this free time since my children were no longer home or had a full time schedule of their own. I wanted a place to share my love of books and meet new friends. I also joined Forums and Goodreads groups. It was there I met some bloggers. At the time, I was completely oblivious to the blogging world. Heck, I did not even have a Facebook account and knew nothing about Twitter. Now I am more active on social media than my twenty-something kids.

What was your first blog post?
Awful. LOL No, it was a review for Before I Go To Sleep: A Novel By S.J. Watson

What are some unique features you do on your blog?
I try to mix in somethings outside of reviews and you can find my weekly meme, The Sunday Post, which I host. In My Mailbox inspired it but I wanted something more. So it spotlights what happened on your blog that week, what you have planned as well as sharing info around the blogosphere, personal life and books acquired from pubs, authors, purchases and the library.
I also have Caffeinated Confessions, How the Heck Did You Do That?!? (tips and tricks), A Book Recommendations, Nonna’s where I share books I’ve read with my grandchildren, annual Top Ten posts, more. In June, I celebrate Audiobook Month with special features and giveaways.

I host some yearly and annual events as well. They are the Audiobook Challenge, Take Control of Your TBR Pile, Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon, Clean Sweep ARC Challenge, and feature random readathons.

What was your inspiration behind your blog design and name?
Coffee…Bwahaha. You will notice caffeine is a central theme on my blog. I started out as Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer on Blogger, before dropping it to Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Since adding audiobooks, I am now Caffeinated Reviewer.

What genres do you like to read and feature?
I am both a mood reader and an eclectic reader. Readers will find a variety of genres in Adult, YA and NA. This year I’ve been on a crazy urban fantasy and PR binge, but also have some wonderful romances, horror, historical fiction and sci-fi and suspense thrillers to share.

What were some of your favorite reads from last year?
In 2017 I read/listened to 265 books so favorites are always a challenge.

Romance: I really enjoyed Kate Ruggle’s Search and Rescue series. The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare and Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett.

Fantasy: Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop and Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews , Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs and Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine and Deathtrap by Dannika Dark

Suspense/Thrillers: A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong, Killman Creek by Rachel Caine, and The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White

Horror: Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant and The Fireman by Joe Hill

Fiction: The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff, A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng and The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman.

Three blogs you really love?
(She had three but the link to the third link didn't work)



And lastly, tell us a bit about yourself and your blog.
On the home front I have been married thirty years, have three children and a proud Nonna of two grandchildren that Sunday Poster’s have dubbed The Royals. I work from home with authors and watch my grandchildren while their parents work. It’s all play-dough and coffee at my house.

On the blog, I am all about discovering new books, series, narrators and authors. I am open to any genre and try to dabble in all of them. You will always find me listening to one book and reading another. I spend on average three hours a day reading and post reviews almost 5 days a week. I love interacting with folks who visit by replying and visit their blogs if they have them.

Fun things: JKS Best Variety Blog Winner 2014. I have been an Avon Addict, Xoxpert, KLover. Hosted a panel at BookCon 2016.

If you see me without coffee, run it’s an imposter and we are all gonna die!

Social Sites:
Caffeinated Reviewer: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kimbacaffeinate
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaffeinatedReviewer
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kimbacaffeinate/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kimbacaffeinate/

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for interviewing me and the kind words. This was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I’ve been blogging for seven years too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I've visited Kimberly's blog before, but I'm definitely adding it to my list. I love that she reads so many different genres (and wow, 265 books!) because I think that always spices things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog! The Sunday Post is one of my favorite memes.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been years since I actually linked up to the Sunday Post but it was always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kimberly's blog and have been following it for years -- since the early "Kimba" days. :-) She's an inspiration to a lot of us bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly is a fantastic hostess, and the Sunday Post is one of my faves to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of all the blogs I follow, I visit Kim's blog the most. I love it. It's well organized and easy to manoeuvre

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs