Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Memories

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

This week's topic is those books that just bring back all the memories that are tied to reading them. 


Jenn-
I have tried to think of ones through my entire life that brings back memories. 

1. Sweet Pickles children's books. When I was a kid in elementary school, my mother had these come in the mail for me every month. I just loved reading them. 

Image result for sweet pickles books

2.)  The Dollhouse Murders- I remember this was the first chapter book I read without putting down. I even skipped dinner that night. 

Image result for the dollhouse murders

3.)  Chain Letter - I remember this being the first horror book I ever read. loved it but I remember being so scared reading it alone in the house. 

Image result for chain letter book

4.) Twilight is the book that started my YA book obsession 

Twilight (Twilight, #1)

5.) The Guardians of Time: I remember finding this series at Half Price Books and was so excited to find an entire series. Loved this series!

Image result for guardians of time series

6.)  Georgia Nicholson: Another find at Half Price Books and I remember lying on the floor on a Saturday, house to myself and cracking up out loud with the first book. 

Image result for angus thongs and full frontal

7.)  Unearthly: My first review on my blog
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)

8.) The Face of Deception: The first forensics book I read, I remember reading it at work on break and every moment I was free to read. 

The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1)

9.) Ten Apples on Top- My son had me and my husband read this book over and over and over again! 
Image result for ten apples on top

10.) My favorite Dr. Sueuss book, even as an adult. I remember reading it for the first time and loving it so much. 

Image result for marvin k mooney will you please go now



6 comments:

  1. Ahh! Nice picks!! Guardians of Time almost made my list, instead I went with Marianne's first book! Though I can remember reading GoT when it first came out and there was such a delay for the third book, my heart was broken because I thought terrible things had happened. I emailed the author and found out she had been sick, so naturally I felt sooooo awful for even bothering her when she was likely trying to mend. But thankfully The Key did release...though it killed a piece of me.

    Now I HAVE To re-read the series again so that I can read The Shadow which was a fourth installment. I think she hoped to make it into another trilogy, but it's too soon to tell. I really need to re-read it so I can read and review the fourth installment to help show my love for it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And whoops! Totally wanted to comment on The Dollhouse Murders! I never did read that one, I should've because I remember loving the movie version, Secrets in the Attic! It was slightly terrifying! I remember watching it on the weekend nights when I was allowed to stay up late and was allowed to rent it. The dolls moving on their own in the dark dollhouse in the attic spooked me! Worse was that as kids we had our own dollhouse in the basement. Nowhere near as pretty or cool as the one in the movie, it was kind of junky but we played with it...up until we saw that movie. Then we pretty much turned it facing the corner permanently! Lol!

      Delete
    2. I need to reread GoT too. I remember the gist but not much beyond that. It has always been on of my favorite series. I would recommend Dollhouse Murders, although I was 11 when I read it so I am not sure how it would hold up now. I really should re-read and find out.

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe you have Sweet Pickles on this list. Holy cow! That brings me back. I read Angus not too long ago, but I so love Georgia, and she is on my list of favorite YA characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia is one of my favorites too. She was just so lovable even though she was moody as heck. My favorite thing ever was when she shaved off an eyebrow. I still crack up on that one. I want to re-read the entire series on audio.

      Delete
  3. Twilight is the only one I've read on the list and it did get me reading similar YA novels. I ended up reading too many with a similar plot and got tired of the tropes so I'm pickier now and only read a few YA!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs