Monday, July 2, 2018

Bookish Banter: I couldn't See Me Friends With Them!

A little Bookish Banter to get us through.  Bookish Banter is a little bit of banter about our bookish thoughts as we have a friendly discussion over a nice cup of tea. 

There are some characters I just couldn't get on board with and really couldn't stand to be around. I love the books and their stories... but I just couldn't hang out with these characters. 



Jenn-

There are very few that I really couldn't see me hanging out with. I mean there is probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. There are a few that do come to mind though. 

I love the books.. but these characters I just couldn't handle. 

My top two are Bella from Twilight and Sookie from well Sookie Stackhouse. 

I will start with Bella, 

She was just too awkward and painful to read about in the books. I think I just would spend my time telling her to get over it or stand up for herself. She was either whiny or she was a doormat. Love the story, love the book. Wasn't a Bella fan... until Breaking Dawn then she became someone I could be around. 


Sookie Stackhouse was a little different for me. I didn't mind her for the most part. She could stand up for herself when she felt the need. My issue with Sookie Stackhouse.... well a couple of things. I didn't like the too sweet attitude piled on top of the judgmental. I just felt she was too fake at times. When she wasn't being judgy she was being dumb and getting herself in trouble. Then on  top of that... everyone seemed to be under her spell that I just can't get on board with. I am not drinking that Kool-aid! I mean really it's just crazy 


Really though.. as long as they aren't whiny, fake, impossible, or mean (mean people suck) I could be friends with them. 

Ash-

I'll have to agree with Jenn on Bella. Movie or book Bella. But there's a few others for me as well... 

Fia from Mind Games. She was so annoying and whiny and way too crazy emotional.

Max from Maximum Ride. She's great to her flock, but I feel like we just wouldn't get along.

Levana from The Lunar Chronicles... because you know. She's awful.

Sasha from Bad Girls with Perfect Faces. Ugh I absolutely hated her the entire book.

Mary from The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I remember absolutely nothing from this book except I HATED Mary. She was so annoying.

I'm going to leave it at that for now. My brain hurts and I can't think of any more.




Which fictional characters are you sure you would not get along with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs