Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday: Last of her name Jessica Khoury and Nick and June Were Here by Shalanda Stanley


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

Last of Her Name
Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury
February 26th, 2019


Sixteen years ago, rebellion swept the galaxy known as the Belt of Jewels. Every member of the royal family was murdered--down to their youngest child, Princess Anya--and the Union government rose in its place. But Stacia doesn't think much about politics. She spends her days half-wild, rambling her father's vineyard with her closest friends, Clio and Pol.
That all changes the day a Union ship appears in town, carrying the leader of the Belt himself, the Direktor Eminent. The Direktor claims that Princess Anya is alive, and that Stacia's sleepy village is a den of empire loyalists, intent on hiding her. When Stacia is identified as the lost princess, her provincial home explodes into a nightmare.
Pol smuggles her away to a hidden escape ship in the chaos, leaving Clio in the hands of the Union. With everything she knows threading away into stars, Stacia sets her heart on a single mission. She will find and rescue Clio, even with the whole galaxy on her trail.


Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 

Nick and June Were Here
Nick and June Were Here
August 14th, 2018

Nick and June were best friends for years, until their relationship suddenly turned into something more. Now, June is coping with a new diagnosis of schizophrenia, a secret she asked Nick to keep for too long. Between managing her symptoms and her parents, June is just trying to keep it together. Nick is a reluctant car thief, supporting his aunt with the money and focusing on his art whenever he can.
But when June's condition sends her to the hospital and Nick's latest crime threatens to land him in prison, the two decide to run away. When the world is trying to tear them apart, can Nick and June find a way to stay together?



5 comments:

  1. I'm with Ash in that everything from the cover to the synopsis of Nick and June Were Here appeals to me. That said Last of Her Name sounds pretty good too and I do like the simple cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Ash too! And as I had never heard of this book before I am super happy to have "blog hopped" today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I am wanting to give Last of Her Name a try too! I'm usually hesitant with "space" books but I am eager to read an Anastasia story!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Last of her Name is good! I've enjoyed the Jessica Khoury books I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick and June was really emotional, but I thought there was enough sweet and light moments in there to balance out the heavy. A little sad, but hopeful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs