Thursday, March 22, 2018

Answer Me This: Video Games Vs. Board Games: What's Your Poison?

Answer Me This. We are hoping this will help our friends get to know us a just a tad bit better. 
A question will be asked and answers will be given by both Ash and Jenn. We hope you enjoy getting to know us outside of the bookshelves.



Do you like video games, or board games more? What are some of your favorites?



Ash- 

I like both. I have a huge soft spot for all kinds of games. In fact, my entire family does. We even have Finn playing games.

As far as video games, I like MMOs best, but I'll play almost anything. We have a PlayStation 4, an Xbox 360, and an Xbox 1 upstairs. 

Some of my favorite games on PlayStation and Xbox

Final Fantasy XKingdom HeartsSilent Hill HD Collection - Playstation 3The Last of Us Remastered - PlayStation 4Left 4 Dead - Game of the Year Edition -Xbox 360Portal 2 - Xbox 360Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360BioShock: The Collection - Xbox One



I also absolutely love PC games. I actually prefer PC over console gaming. It's more what I grew up on. Sadly I don't have a PC to game on currently. Which makes me sad. I don't have time to game anymore anyway, and I remember how much it took over my life.
Some of my favorite games are:


Image result for guild warsRelated imageImage result for final fantasy 14 onlineImage result for star wars old republicImage result for the simsImage result for minecraft

Now as far as board games go, I have a ton of favorites of those too!

Some of them are...

Image result for sushi goImage result for go nuts for donuts gameImage result for last night on earthImage result for takenokoImage result for mysterium

There are so many other amazing board games, but these are some of my favorites currently. I could probably post about 50 more.


Jenn:

Oh, this is a loaded question. I like games of all kinds. Video games, card games, board games, games on my phone. I just like games. I like board games the best. It's a great way to be social with no awkward silence kind of moments or without someone being left out of a big group. It's also a great way to pass the time and also uses the brain and hands. Great for my ADD.

I grew up playing very few board games and all kinds of computer games and console games. I have had an Atari, Nintendos, PlayStations, and a couple of older ones I can't remember the names of. I even had Pong. My dad is a big video game person. So in my house right now we have a Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and 4 and Ash has the XBox One and XBox 360 and a PlayStation 4. We also have computers. So we do a lot of video game playing too. I did play board games at friends houses when I was a kid but at home, we never played board games just video games.

Once I was married and had my kids a little older I got into board games. You know the ones like Clue and Scrabble and Rummikub. We played those and one of our family favorites was Enchanted Forest. My son loved Sorry, Ash loved Clue. So we played those quite often. My son always at Sorry, that is probably why he loved it so much. We also played Phase 10, Yatzee, and all the UNO games they had out.
Later on, once the kids were almost grown we met some friends who were game board fanatics. They introduced us to what really exists in the boardgame world and not sorry to say, Monopoly, scrabble, and Sorry.. no longer played here. We found way more fun games... unless you like those games then yes they can be fun too. We do still like Clue and Enchanted Forest and Phase 10...but our world has expanded.Seriously you should see our game closet. We have even joined monthly board game box subscriptions. We currently have over 130 board games. We don't plan to stop anytime soon. 

Here are some views of the game closet. I can't get it all in one picture as it's in a hallway so I can't stand far enough back. 


It is pretty much full though and I am getting a new buffet cabinet for the dining room on Friday. This will be in the dining room.... which is where my big table is specifically for game playing... and more games will go in there. We like to have monthly game nights... it doesn't always work out with our schedules though. 



So some of my favorites... well that is hard but here are some that come to mind. 







Some of my favorite video games...



Or anything Final Fantasy. Right now I am playing Final Fantasy 12 however X-2 so far is my favorite.




I have played Sims since Sims 1st came out.





and of course I have always had a heart for World of Warcraft but I have not played it in a long time because it takes all my time. I also loved playing City of Heroes... but that game is no more.






3 comments:

  1. I don't play any. To be honest, I stopped with board games when I was a kid and they just don't interest me now. We do have games consoles in the house and I was a huge fan of Pac Man and Crash Bandicoot. If I had time I might try them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived near you guys so I could come play the fun board games!! I remember you telling me about your game nights at BEA and I was definitely jealous because it sounded SO MUCH FUN!! I'm also a total SIMS girl and have been playing since the first one came out. I still play it-- I just spent a majority of Christmas break holed up in my son's playroom playing and playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great if you lived near. We love our game nights and having friends join makes it much more fun. When I play Sims I am on there for hours and days. i tend to ignore the rest of the world around me for a while.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs