Sunday, February 3, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up: Jan 27- Feb 2

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
January 20th- February 2nd

This week on our blog:

Jenn's week:  


Audio finished: 
Come Find MeWe Told Six LiesThe Dead Queens ClubLifeblood (Everlife, #2)


Books finished: 
Ice Cream Man Vol. 1: Rainbow SprinklesPretty in PunxsutawneyScooby Apocalypse, Volume 1


Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 
The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)The Lonely DeadVision in Silver (The Others, #3)What We BuriedBetween Before and AfterBeaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion #1)The Decorator Who Knew Too Much (A Madison Night Mystery Book 4)The Search (Eve Duncan, #3)Immoral CodeThe Walking Dead, Vol. 12: Life Among ThemBone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)


Games Played:

Image result for smallworld board gameImage result for bloody innImage result for seasons board gameImage result for dominionImage result for reef board game

My favorite board game from  this bunch was Reef. Its a beautifully done abstract game and I really enjoyed it. 






Ash's week

I had posted last week before we left to Corpus to stay the night at the Texas State Aquarium, so of course I didn't get to post pics. So I will be posting some here in a moment.

The drive there was pretty uneventful, and we got to go in about 6:30 we got to explore a bit and then were broken off into groups by den. Finn is in the Lion den and only 2 other boys from his den showed up, so it was pretty easy. 

We stayed the night and that sucked, sleeping on the floor was not easy. And then we had to leave at 8 AM but could come back when they open at 10 AM. So we went to the beach, because I had never been, and then went back in when the doors opened. We didn't get to see any of the shows or anything the night before because we went after it closed, so of course we decided it would be worth it to stay. 

Here are some of my favorite pics from corpus.



Other than that this week wasn't very eventful. 

This week I watched...

He's Out There Poster

He's Out There
Release date: November 7th, 2018
Starring: Yvonne Stahovski, Anna Pniowsky, Abigail Pniowsky
What it's about: On vacation at a remote lake house, a mother and her two young daughters must fight for survival after falling into a terrifying and bizarre nightmare conceived by a psychopath.

What I thought: This was a weird one. I wanted to like it because I've seen it blow up on my Facebook, but honestly I couldn't get through it, it was really weird.

Poseidon Poster
Poseidon
Release date: May 12th, 2006
Starring: Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, Emmy Rossum
What it's about: On New Year's Eve, the luxury ocean liner Poseidon capsizes after being swamped by a rogue wave. The survivors are left to fight for their lives as they attempt to escape the sinking ship.

What I thought:
I actually REALLY enjoyed this movie. Apparently there is an original that is even better, but honestly this one had me holding my breath and on the edge of my seat. 
Tag Poster

Tag
Release date: June 15th, 2018
Starring: Ed Helms, Jake Johnson, Jeremy Renner
What it's about: A small group of former classmates organize an elaborate, annual game of tag that requires some to travel all over the country.

What I thought: We were cracking up so hard at this movie. It was definitely hilarious. There was one part that I didn't like that hit me hard *Spoiler, highlight to read* The fiance pretends to have a miscarriage just so they don't tag one of the guys. I don't think that's appropriate. *End spoiler*
Hold the Dark Poster
Hold the Dark
Release date: September 28th, 2018
Starring: Beckam Crawford, Riley Keough, Jeffrey Wright
What it's about: After the deaths of three children suspected to be killed by wolves, writer Russell Core is hired by the parents of a missing six-year-old boy to track down and locate their son in the Alaskan wilderness.


What I thought:
Another movie I just wanted to like. This one looked so interesting and it was just slow and boring. Did not finish.



Ash's Audio: 
The Lonely DeadThe DreamersThe Good Demon

Ash's Books:
Scooby Apocalypse, Volume 1DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 1: Enlisted

What Ash wants to read and listen to this week:
Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening (Monstress, #1)Asylum (Asylum, #1)Dead ConnectionThe Walking Dead, Book Fourteen (The Walking Dead #157-168)Winterkill (Winterkill, #1)SingAlone




2 comments:

  1. Ooh lots of fun looking stuff! I've been enjoying scooby Apocalypse (in fact it reminds me I need to read Vol 3 which I have around here somewhere) and Polaris rising and Come Find Me both look awesome too. I won Polaris in a giveaway so I'm looking forward to that one.

    Love the dolphin pic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs