Monday, February 18, 2019

Review: With Vics You Get Eggroll by Diane Vallere

With Vics You Get Eggroll (Mad for Mod Mystery, #3)Title: With Vics You Get Eggroll
Author: Diane Vallere 
Publisher: Henry Press
Publishing Date:  April 14th, 2015
Pages: 256
Genre: Adult Cozy Mystery
Series:  Mad for Mod Mystery #3
Source:  Audio
 

Interior Decorator Madison Night has her hands full with a demanding client and a product endorsement, but when the news shifts from reports of recently abducted women to the discovery of a dead body, she can’t deny the danger. Evidence from the scene links the flirtatious Lt. Tex Allen to the crime, putting him off the case. As more abductees are either released or killed, he struggles with his suspension, on the brink of turning vigilante. Madison’s own life is complicated by the return of her hunky handyman, Hudson James. When seemingly unrelated events lead back to the abductions, she exposes a secondary agenda, a copycat crime, and a vengeful plot to destroy someone she loves.

I am really loving this series. Just staring at the covers makes me happy, but the actual story makes me even happier. This is another wild adventure from the book of Madison. She is just always getting in trouble, finding trouble, or creating trouble, and I just adore her and all her craziness. This installment didn't disappoint. I loved it as I have loved them all and I am sure will continue to love them.
This time Madison's life is turned upside down when local women start to disappear and it looks like her friend Lt. Tex Allen is the main suspect. She journeys into the world of murder and abduction to clear his name. The women that have disappeared start to show up dead and this entire situation just got worse... because kidnappings weren't bad enough. With the help of her friends, frenemies, and clients, Madison does all she can to figure this out. 

Every book I read in this series just seems to get better and better for me. I just love Madison, I love her attitude, her style, and her loyalty to those around her. She just keeps getting sassier and smarter and I can't get enough of her and her antics. 

I really enjoyed the story in this installment. I felt there was a bit more murder and mayhem than usual and it was a bit more exciting. I really didn't know who to suspect, I was just for sure that Tex didn't have anything to do with it. I was actually quite mad that someone was trying to frame him. 

Tex and Madison's relationship in this book is more on the friendship side with a bit of flirting... I really like them together and hope that maybe sometime before the series ends they do end up together. I do hate the love the triangle in this book as both guys are  just amazing... but I do root for Tex. I love the chemistry and the fun loving relationship they have. Their interactions are just so fun and humorous. I feel her relationship with Hudson is more on the serious side and just not as much fun. 

I also enjoyed the ending.... Madison does pick a guy and there is kind of closure to that... but what I really enjoyed was seeing Madison really come into herself. She has to make some tough choices to save herself and I see her confidence and bravery growing. I really do like her. 

The talk of the designs and fashions and color palettes is always a welcome addition in these books. This one had  plenty of it without over doing it. Perfect balance of keeping the feel and tone of Madison's personality and life along with the good mystery, some intense moments, and fun relationships. I just really enjoy these books. 


Loved it of course! 





Diane Vallere


I grew up reading both Trixie Belden mysteries and Vogue magazine and learned how to spot a counterfeiting ring and accessorize a wardrobe. Now I use that knowledge to dream up plots for the humorous mysteries I write. I still love accessories, only now some of them are accessories to murder.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're loving this series! I don't think it's a good fit for me, but that's okay! <3

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to read that this series not only continues to meet your expectation but raise the bar with each installment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I would love to get into this series

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs