Sunday, February 17, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up February 10th-16th

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 10th-16th

This week on our blog:

This Week Coming Up:

Posts: 
Tag, You're It! Avatar the Last Airbender Book Tag
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I loved with under 2k Ratings on GR.
Teaser Tuesday
Waiting on Wednesday
Bookish Banter: Cover Candy
Board Game Break Time: Zombies!!! Jr.
I Read That Movie: If I Stay
Author Interview: Wendy Spinale
What Next? March Series

Reviews: 


Jenn's week:  
Not much going on this week. I spent the last week with my grandparents before they go to Michigan. Michael and I took my grandparents and my uncle out to breakfast at Kirby's on Saturday. It was yummy! 

 We celebrated Valentines day in our nerdy way. We went to Rogues Gallery and looked at games and comics, bought a couple games of course. Then we went to CiCi's pizza as a family. Then came home and My honey and I played a board game and watched a show. So romantic... well it is for us. 

The rest of the week was slow on reading, lots of youtube game video watching, and watching a couple of shows. 



Books finished: 
The Doll HousePolaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion, #1)Corpse & Crown (Cadaver & Queen, #2)Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)A Noise Downstairs

Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 
Okay so the last couple of weeks I have been not getting through  some books I intended to get through. (due to ADD not the books) I am in a middle of quite a bit. So my goal this week is to finish these:

The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)Immoral CodeiZombie, Vol. 2: uVampireThe Waking Forest

Books to start: 
Between Before and AfterThe Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)EnchantéeGrim Lovelies (Grim Lovelies, #1)Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)That's Not What HappenedA Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

Games Played: 
Image result for reef board gameImage result for clank in space board gameImage result for zombies jrImage result for evolution board game




Ash's week
This week finally slowed down for the most part. I didn't do much but read, blog, and clean. Which is definitely how I like it. We've been so busy, with Finn's cub scouts, things we're doing as a family, and actually having people come hang out. 

It's been pretty insane.

We do need to go to Austin Library and get cards so we can listen to more audio since Scribd is being dumb. Is anyone else having issues? Every time I go to listen to a book it's not available and won't be until later in the month, even when it was available earlier the same day.

Anyway, and then we had Finn's first ever Pinewood derby for cub scouts, he got first 3 times, and second and third once. He didn't place overall though. 




My great grandparents left for Michigan after being here for a few months, so we spent time with them and had yummy brisket dinner.





We have a Flag ceremony later that I will probably post about with next week's post. 

And here are a couple pictures from this week:





This week I watched...
Red Dawn Poster

Red Dawn
Release date: August 10th, 1984
Starring: Patrick Swayze, Lea Thompson, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey
What it's about:
It is the dawn of World War III. In mid-western America, a group of teenagers band together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.
What I thought:
This was a really great movie, I did find myself distracted during it. But I also love the new one more. Probably because I saw it before I saw this one. 



The Edge of Seventeen Poster
The Edge of 17
Release date: November 18, 2016
Starring: Hailee Steinfield, Haley Lu Richardson, Blake Jenner
What it's about:
High-school life gets even more unbearable for Nadine when her best friend, Krista, starts dating her older brother.

What I thought:
This movie was soooo good. It has a lot of inappropriate stuff in there, but easy to ignore. Wood Harrelson is amazing. 


Contagion Poster

Contagion
Release date: September 9th, 2011
Starring: Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Kate Winslet
What it's about:
Healthcare professionals, government officials and everyday people find themselves in the midst of a worldwide epidemic as the CDC works to find a cure.

What I thought:
This one was actually really slow and not nearly as exciting as I had hoped it would be. 


 


The Spectacular Now Poster
The Spectacular Now
Release date: September 13, 2013
Starring: Miles Teller, Shailene Woodley, Brie Larson
What it's about:
A hard-partying high school senior's philosophy on life changes when he meets the not-so-typical "nice girl."

What I thought:
This one was actually pretty cute. The ending was kind of blah. But it wasn't bad.



Ash's Audio: 
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)Small Spaces (Small Spaces #1)Long Way DownThe Vanishing SeasonCatacomb (Asylum, #3)Mean GirlsThe Rain (The Rain, #1)The Girls at 17 Swann StreetWelcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1)The Walking Dead, Book Fifteen by Robert KirkmanThe Bone Artists (Asylum, #2.5)The Warden (Asylum, #3.5)Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)



What Ash wants to read and listen to this week:
StainThe BurglarFreefallDumplin' (Dumplin' #1)The Book JumperHead Games (Locke & Key, #2)The Devil and Winnie FlynnDreamfall (Dreamfall #1)The Geography of You and MeThe Rains (Rains, #1)Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)








4 comments:

  1. We don't do much for Valentine's Day, just stay home and watch tv together. I did make us come peanut butter cookies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing that you have your great-grandparents in your life. I knew all my grandparents, but none of my greats. That really special. I loved doing scouts with my daughter. Finn's pinewood derby looked like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my best, most romantic nights are spent home, so your Valentine's sounds wonderful! Lots of books here! I've enjoyed Amy Plum in the past didn't know she had a new one out. Have to check it out. The Edge of Seventeen sounds good. I didn't like Red Dawn because of the ending. Haven't watched the new one yet. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! A lot going on this past week on the blog. Whoa! Read/blog/clean sounds about like it here, too. Could be worse, right? :) Hope you both have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs