Saturday, February 2, 2019

January Monthly Recap and February TBR

Here's our monthly recap! 
We decided to start doing a monthly recap. Since we post and read a ton we will highlight what our favorite things were and what we hope to read the upcoming month. If you would like to see all our posts, here are our weekly wrap-ups. 




This month we decided its time to try and get back to normal book life among other things. It's slow going with the blogging... better with the reading. We have gotten mostly back to my normal for read. We hope next months wrap up will be much better than this one. 

We are just now getting back into the swing of things so we only have one  Weekly Wrap-up this month. we will get back to normal soon I hope. 


Ash's Month!

♥Saw Jesse McCartney in concert
♥Finally got back into reading
♥Read 11 books in January
♥Learning to crochet
♥Stayed the night at Texas State Aquarium
♥Went to the beach for the first time
♥Got back into blogging
♥Went out of my comfort zone and went to a mom's night out

Okay January was a roller coaster. It partially felt like it went by fast and partially felt like it dragged on forever. It was a really busy month for us.

The first weekend we had a friend over who played games with us.

The next weekend we had a couple over who played games with us. And then that Saturday I got to see Jesse McCartney in concert. It was the coolest thing ever by the way.



Then we had my brother's birthday party, we.. you guessed it! Played games. This time it was poker though.

Then the last weekend we had our aunt and uncle over and Jenn played games with them. 
AND that Saturday we spent the night at the Texas State Aquarium and went to the beach. I had never been to the beach before! It was really fun and the weather was just awesome.


Oh and I don't think we've mentioned this yet, and it happened in December. But we got a new doggo. Her name is Rikku.


Some great pictures taken in January:





Some of my favorite posts from January:
2018 a year in review
What Next? February series


January reading stats:
 YA: 6
 Adult: 1
 Picture books: 1
 Graphic Novels: 2
 MG: 1

My favorite books read in January:

5 Stars:
The Walking Dead, Book Thirteen (The Walking Dead #145-156)


4 Stars:
Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among FriendsThe Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Stranger GameThe Lonely Dead


Books I hope to read in February
Asylum (Asylum, #1)Sanctum (Asylum, #2)Catacomb (Asylum, #3)Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2)Small Spaces (Small Spaces #1)Dead ConnectionMean GirlsSingDumplin'If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)Before I FallRevival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean ItOnce (Eve, #2)Long Way DownKing's Cage (Red Queen, #3)The Walking Dead, Book Fourteen (The Walking Dead #157-168)The Walking Dead, Book Fifteen (The Walking Dead #169-180)DC Comics: Bombshells, Vol. 1: EnlistedHead Games (Locke & Key, #2)The Rain (The Rain, #1)Winterkill (Winterkill, #1)Alone



Jenn-



So I dove right back into reading. Mostly audio. Still trying to get into reading my books at home. It's just hard at home. So many other things are going on. But I managed to get through some books. I also decided to dive into graphic novels this year. So I did get through a few of those too. 

We did have quite a bit of company and game nights in January, which was fun and distracting from real life. I believe we had one at least once every weekend.  Hopefully we will get some pics and posts up on Board Game Break Time. We had a lot of fun with our newest games. 

Not too much blogging has been going on. I am slowly getting back into  gear. I need to do some commenting. I am failing miserably on that and I am sorry. Will work on that asap. The reviews are coming slowly. It's almost like I forgot how to review. The discussion posts are starting back up sort of too. We have never been the greatest with those but... well... you will see how that goes. 


Games we played in January:


 Image result for sushi go board gameImage result for sagrada board gameImage result for shadows over camelot Image result for here kitty kitty Image result for grimm forest board gameImage result for mole rats in spaceImage result for monster factory game   Image result for tiny park board game  Image result for galaxy trucker board game Image result for disney code names board game

Image result for 5 minute marvelImage result for robot turtles   Image result for mars attacks board gameImage result for steam park board game Image result for death wish board game


Favorite posts from January:

We don't have too many to choose from but I do love the What Next post we started. 
I also had fun writing these reviews 

Navigating the Stars 
The accidental Beauty Queen
and I enjoyed doing this Top Ten Tuesday: Bring it on 2019 




Reading Stats:

I am very impressed with my January reads but I need more in February. I am focusing on my series, older reviews, and new releases. Here is my list: 


25 Books Read in July 

9 Adult 
13 ya  
3 Graphic Novels


Favorite books:

I don't know what is up with me this month but majority of my reads were 5 and 4 stars. I don't know if its because I am reading my series I already love, if I haven't read in so long that every book is awesome, or I am just picking good. But its been a great month for reads for me. 


5 Star:

With Vics You Get Eggroll (Mad for Mod Mystery, #3)The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)The Accidental Beauty QueenGirls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2)Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #3)Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2)Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)Then She Was GoneKiller Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)iZombie, Vol. 1: Dead to the WorldNavigating the Stars




4 Star:
Tell the TruthDead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)Two Can Keep a SecretSlayer (Slayer, #1)Her One MistakeEscaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)Come Find MeA Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely #1)



August Hopefuls:

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)The Search (Eve Duncan, #3)Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)A Noise DownstairsCrime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)The Decorator Who Knew Too Much (A Madison Night Mystery Book 4)Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion #1)Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #1)What We BuriedUnravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Stronger, Faster, and More BeautifulThe Lying WoodsCorpse & Crown (Cadaver & Queen, #2)The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Traitor's Game (The Traitor's Game, #1)Any SecondMeet Me in Outer SpaceBetween Before and AfterThe Last 8 (The Last 8, #1)EnchantéeWe Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire #1)The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)Everlife (Everlife #3)The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)The DysastersThe Walking Dead, Vol. 12: Life Among ThemBone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)iZombie, Vol. 2: uVampireHonor Bound (The Honors, #2)Off PlanetImmoral Code



How was your month of January? Anything new and exciting or just good ole' fun? Did you get a lot of reading done? 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new dog!
    I had a pretty good reading month for January. I finally broke out of the book rut I was (where every book was just okay but none of them were great.) I didn't play very many different games in January because my family became obsessed with Yahtzee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse books! I also have those cute cartoon covers for them which are better than some of the dreadful artwork that they've revamped the series with! Cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you ladies are back! My sister tried to teach me how to crochet, or at least just one stitch. It was hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother also tried to teach me. I just couldn't do it. Ash is doing much better than I ever did. It is hard. I will stick to reading!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs