Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: All We Have Left by Wendy Mills


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


I Can't wait for:



All We Have Left
All We Have Left by Wendy Mills 
August 9th 2016
                 
A haunting and heart-wrenching story of two girls, two time periods, and the one event that changed their lives--and the world--forever.

Interweaving stories from past and present, All We Have Leftfollows two girls, Alia and Jesse, who discover that hatred and love have the power to reverberate into the future.

Then: Alia is a proud Muslim, even if it makes high school more difficult. Grounded for a stupid mistake, Alia decides to confront her father at his Manhattan office, putting her in danger she never expected. When the planes collide into the Twin Towers, Alia is trapped inside. There she meets a boy who risks everything for her.

Now: Jesse is haunted by the past. Ever since her brother died in the September 11th attacks, her dad's rage and grief has overshadowed their lives. When one hate-fueled decision turns Jesse's life upside down, the only way to make amends is to face the past and find out the truth of her brother's last day.

This cover is so so pretty. That caught my eye. then I read the synopsis and I was all in. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is a really pretty cover and I love the sound of the story too. It sounds so heart breaking though. :(
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that cover is amazing! Love the blurb too. I want to know the truth about her brother too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh pretty cover indeed! Not sure it's my kind of read though. Hope you love it once you read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is new to me! Sounds very interesting...

    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10704”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing and I love the cover! Great pick!

    Here's My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. That synopsis sounds wonderful! I'll have to add this to the list. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ~Mckenzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great and it's totally new me! Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs