Sunday, April 22, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: April 15th-21st

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 4th - February 10th 



This week on our blog:



This Week Coming Up:

Posts: 
Answer Me This: Do You Dewey? We Do!
Bloggy Buddy: Meet Nicole
Bookish Banter: Biggest Bookish Pet Peeves
The Bookworms Wishlist
Book Tag: Book Blogger Memory Challenge
Cover Up: Pretty in Pink Picture Books
I Read That Movie: The Lightning Thief
Creature Feature: 


Jenn's week:  


This week was a slow week for me with reading, however, I did get some binge watching done. I needed to get caught up on some shows and so I binged... which took away time for reading. I did get caught up with Gray's Anatomy, Station 19, and Roseanne. So a good week for television bad week for reading. I did manage to finish a couple of books and start more than a couple. I am reading a few classics, those do take me a bit longer to get through. I try to fit some in when I can. I have a hard time finding classics I like so it is a mountain climb for me for sure.

Books Started:

The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)Blonde OpsThe Swiss Family Robinson

Books finished:



Audio finished: 

Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1)Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)Written in Red (The Others, #1)

Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 



In Her SkinOliver TwistGulliver's TravelsThe Queen's Rising (The Queen’s Rising, #1)Last NightThe Memory TreesA Town Called VengeanceISANI Scream, You Scream (A Mystery A-la-mode Book 1)Spies, Lies, and AlliesThe Way You Make Me Feel



And the winner of our contest (That was over a month ago, sorry guys, we suck!)

Is.....

AJ at Read All the Things!!!


Congratulations! 

Ash's week


This week wasn't anything special. We didn't really have anything going on at all. So... Yeah...

Buuuut. Coming up this Saturday is... DEWEYS 24 HOUR READATHON!!!!

So get ready for that! Hopefully going to finish lots of books, but we'll see. So be prepared for a couple posts coming up for that, and lots of posts on the day of the readathon. Going to try to post every three hours or so that day. 

For my reading/watching buddy thing, I did finish The Frozen Dead, and I hated it. I watched the Host and loved it. And I'm still reading A Madness so Discreet. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting into it. 


The Frozen Dead PosterA Madness So DiscreetThe Host Poster


For the next show, we're starting Van Helsing and we're watching Guardians of the Galaxy. And still reading a Madness So Discreet. Oops.

Guardians of the Galaxy PosterVan Helsing PosterA Madness So Discreet



This week I watched...

Release date: September 22nd, 2017
Starring: Alycia Debnam-Carey, William Moseley
What it's about:
A popular college student graciously accepts a social outcast's online friend request, but soon finds herself fighting a demonic presence that wants to make her lonely by killing her closest friends.
What I thought:
I don't know how I feel about this one. It was good but weird. I liked it for the most part.


 

Cabin Fever Poster

Release date: February 12th, 2016
Starring: Gage Golightly, Matthew Daddario
What it's about:
Four teenagers are sucked into a magical video game, and the only way they can escape is to work together to finish the game.

What I thought:
Just no. Gross and weird. 






The Spy Next Door PosterThe Spy Next Door


Release date: January 15th, 2010
Starring: Jackie Chan, Amber Valletta
What it's about:Former CIA spy Bob Ho takes on his toughest assignment to date: looking after his girlfriend's three kids, who haven't exactly warmed to their mom's beau.
What I thought:
This will always be one of my favorite movies. I saw it way back when it came out and fell in love.




Ash's Audio: 

Everland (Everland, #1)I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State KillerRot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1)

Ash's Books:


Next to NormalFull TiltSo YesterdayThe Assassin of Oz (The Twisted and the Brave, #2)


What Ash wants to read and listen to this week: 

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Less-DeadSleight806A Town Called VengeanceOne Was LostGod Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)The Wicked DeepPlaylist for the DeadShackled







5 comments:

  1. Have a lovely week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy yes!!!!!
    YOu both had great weeks, I only read 1 book :(
    Anyway, have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weeks for both of you. Some good shows and movies and books too. I split my time between viewing and reading. It was fun to have no pressure this week.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - I still love Grey's after all these years, and now I am just waiting to see how they are getting rid of the latest castoffs. And seriously, I need the neighbor boy and the chief's daughter to get together on Station 19. It's stressing me out. XD

    Ash - I was a fan of the Host (film) as well. I never read the book, because of the things I heard about Meyer's writing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having too many good TV nights and not enough reading nights! Tonight I really want to put a dent in The Extinction Trials!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs