Sunday, April 29, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: April 22nd-28th

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
April 22nd- April 28th



This week on our blog:



This Week Coming Up:

Jenn's week:  

I did get a lot of audio done this week. I discovered Scribd, which has a ton of audio and ebooks for me to enjoy for free.... well at least for two months. So I loaded up on the audio. 

It was also Dewey's 24 hour readathon.  I had such high hopes. I had a ton of snacks and caffeine and a ton of books to get through. As you usual, I don't get near as much as I would love to read. My hubby was able to stay home from work this weekend and join in. Between him and the dogs... I was a little distracted. I did get 4 books finished. Two audio and two reads. 

Books Started:

ISAN

Books finished:

I Scream, You Scream (A Mystery A-la-mode Book 1)Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve, #2)



Audio finished: 

Gulliver's TravelsOliver TwistIn Her SkinThe Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)The Safest LiesThe Swiss Family Robinson Last NightFinal GirlsFlunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)


Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 


The Queen's Rising (The Queen’s Rising, #1)Spies, Lies, and AlliesThe Way You Make Me FeelA Town Called Vengeance



Ash's week


I got lots of reading done this week. Hopefully, this is going to be a regular thing. 


Dewey's was yesterday, I didn't end up staying up all night. I had so much caffeine I ended up feeling sick and went to bed at about 11 PM. But I barely took breaks, so that's about 13 hours of reading. I finished 5 books. So I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

We did post an hour 1-3 update, and we were going to post more, but my pictures weren't working for some reason. And I really didn't want to take a break from reading just to update this. So sorry for that guys. 

Here's the rest of the pictures that I would have posted in my updates! 








We also took Finny to the park, and then to get ice cream. And I even read there! Well, I tried. Anyway, it was a pretty good day all in all.



For my reading/watching buddy thing.



Can't seem to get into a Madness so Discreet. And we're still watching Van Helsing. This week I'm going to skip the movie since we're doing the readathon. So nothing new there. 


Van Helsing PosterA Madness So Discreet




This week I watched...

Lakeview Terrace Poster

Release date: September 19th, 2008
Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Wilson, Kerry Washington
What it's about:
An LAPD officer will stop at nothing to force out the interracial couple who just moved in next door
 What I thought:
This is my second time watching this. I remember liking it before but I hadn't remembered anything about it. It's a pretty good movie.


 

The Veil Poster
Release date: January 19th, 2016
Starring: Jessica Alba, Lily Rabe, Thomas Jane
What it's about:
Twenty-five years after members of a religious cult committed mass suicide, the lone survivor returns to the scene of the tragedy with a documentary crew in tow.
What I thought:
This one was also really weird. I don't suggest it.



Ash's Audio: 

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Gulliver's TravelsScarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)One Was LostRuby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)

Ash's Books:


806SleightPlaylist for the DeadFrankensteinIn Real LifeTrapped in Room 217


What Ash wants to read and listen to this week: 

God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)A Madness So DiscreetThe Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars #1)Deadly Sweet (The Spellwork Syndicate, #1)The Wicked DeepMy Little Eye (Starke & Bell, #1)A Lite Too BrightPeevesProject 17Shackled







4 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you both got a lot of reading done- even if you may have had distractions or gone to bed a little early. :) Two free months of audio sounds awesome. I love a good audio book.

    Have a great week!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys had a ton of good stuff! I'm looking forward to The Lies They Tell and I'll have to check your review of The Safest Lies too, since I've been eyeballing that one (I want to read more Megan Miranda). And you're spotlighting Chuckles this week? Awesome!

    4 books and 5 books- wow you guys rocked Dewey's!

    Flunked and defy the Stars look pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both so bad for my book budget! I'm off to Amazon!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover for A Town Called Vengeance! One Was Lost is on my ereader I think.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs