Sunday, April 8, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: April 1st-April 7th

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 4th - February 10th 

This week on our blog:

This Week Coming Up:

Posts: 
Answer Me This: The Mind of a Four Year Old; Finn's Faves
Bloggy Buddy: Meet Jessica
Bookish Banter: Favorite Fictional Worlds
Bookish Banter: Audio- Prefer Male or Female Narrators?
Book Tag: Book Blogger Test Blog
Cover Up: Purple Page Eaters
I Read That Movie: The Walking Dead #1
Creature Feature: Suddenly Sirens


Jenn's week:  

This was a good week for audios. Not a good week for reading. I started a couple books but didn't finish any. I am almost finished with Tell Me No Lies... will probably finish it today and hopefully have a better week this week. 

Books Started:





Audio finished: 

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)ArmadaDread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)Nemesis (Project Nemesis, #1)Mars OneStarry EyesYou're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1)I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer

Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 


Chantress (Chantress, #1)The Lies They TellThe Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1)Blonde OpsThe Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)Written in Red (The Others, #1)Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)Wild Bird


Ash's week

This week wasn't too much. I've been super busy with laundry, grocery shopping, work, and adulting in general.

We did take pictures in the bluebonnets last week as promised, here are a few of the photos.



And we also went and saw Ready Player One. Check the link for the I read that movie above. I didn't get any pictures, which is lame. Jenn and I both wore Gremlins shirts and John and my dad wore Pacman shirts. It was fantastic. 

John and I are also looking for a dog to adopt. We fell in love with one, but we're not sure our application will be approved. But we're really hoping. In the meantime, we did meet with another dog, who is also a pretty great dog. For now, we just hope we get the one we fell in love with.

ALSO! Yesterday was Jenn's birthday. So Happy happy happy happy birthday Jenn! Sorry, I can't do a giveaway or anything.

Buuuuut. We did make steak, salad, and mashed potatoes and had rolls too.

I was going to make her a red velvet cheesecake. But I'm really impatient and screwed that one up. I cried, of course.

I also got her some Easter decor (She was saying how she wanted some for next year) And Finn picked her out some jewelry. And I got her flowers! They were pretty flowers. 

And I sent them to the movies to see I Can Only Imagine.

So Happy birthday!



This week I watched...

The Words Poster
The Words
Release date: September 7th, 2012
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Zoey Saldana, Dennis Quaid
What it's about:
A writer at the peak of his literary success discovers the steep price he must pay for stealing another man's work.
 What I thought:
This was confusing the entire movie. It made me want to keep watching it, and it was really good. But definitely confusing. A story within a story within a story.

 

Happy Anniversary Poster
Happy Anniversary
Release date: March 30th, 2018

Starring: Noel Wells, Ben Schwartz

What it's about:

A couple on their three-year anniversary need to decide whether to stay together or call it quits.
 What I thought:
This one was pretty funny at parts. Pretty vulgar at times, but it was easy to ignore. All over it was entertaining




Bad Match Poster
Bad Match
Release date: November 3rd, 2017
Starring: Jack Cutmore-Scott, Lili Simmons
What it's about
An internet-dating playboy's life spirals out of control after meeting a woman online.
What I thought:
The guy got what he deserved to be honest. This movie had me on the edge of my seat. It was intense. 







Curve Poster
The Curve

Release date: January 19th, 2016
Starring: Julianne Hough, Teddy Sears
What it's about:
A young woman becomes trapped in her car after a hitchhiker causes her to have an automobile accident.

 What I thought:
This movie had it's moments where it was pretty intense. Honestly the girl in it was dumb for letting a stranger in her car. But she did smart things the rest of the movie. Wasn't the best, but it wasn't awful.






Day of the Dead: Bloodline PosterDay of the Dead: Bloodline
Release date: January 5th, 2018
Starring: Johnathon Schaech, Sophia Skelton, Marcus Vanco
What it's about
A small group of military personnel and survivalists dwell in an underground bunker as they seek to find a cure in a world overrun by zombies.
 What I thought:
A b-list zombie movie. It was okay. It was entertaining. But it wasn't like the good kind of b-list that makes you laugh the entire time and you can just talk about how bad it is. It's just bad. 






Ash's Audio: 

Her Body and Other PartiesS.T.A.G.SA Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)



Ash's Books:


Tell Me No Lies (Follow Me Back #2)The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful LifeThe Walking Dead, Vol. 7: The Calm Before


What Ash wants to read and listen to this week:


Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)Yes PleaseMy Name Is RapunzelNext to NormalBlack Bird of the GallowsStillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)







4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you both had a nice week. And all of those books! I see about a dozen I want. LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn: Belated happy birthday! ♥ Oooh curious to see what you think of Beyond a Darkened Shore. Also, reading two books is a lot because look at all those audiobooks you read. WHOA.

    Ash: Ahhh those photos are so lovely!!! ♥ I am so jealous of the wonderful people and the wonderful venue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Happy b-day Jenn. Hope you had a great time
    Anyday, you two watch and heard so many great things. It was a slow week for me
    Ruty @Reading…Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombie films tend to be a bit hit and miss for me at the best of times. I do love a good one but I never liked the original Day of the Dead film. Looks like the one you mentioned is one to avoid!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs