Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Horrible Characters that Ruined a Good Story

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.



Ash-
I decided to do top 5 because I can't think of more. Oops



1) The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)  2) Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)  3) The 11th Hour

4) Numbers (Numbers, #1)  5) The First Days (As the World Dies, #1)



Jenn:


So I couldn't really think of characters that I liked in books that I didn't like.... Characters make or break a book for me. So I did Bad characters that ruined a great story. 



Damselfly

1. Damselfy by Chandra Prasad. I didn't hate this book. I did enjoy it but I think the main character kept me from loving it. I am doing a review this week on this book so I don't want to say too much. But I would have loved this book if I had liked the main character more. 


The Art of French Kissing

2. The Art of French Kissing by Brianna M. Shrum- This book ugh.. Doing a review closer to the date of release. What I will say... cute story main chracter I hated. So it just ruined it for me. 



Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1)

3. Would Be Witch by Kimberly Frost- The story and mystery were pretty good. I really couldn't stand any of the characters though. I am torn if I will read more hoping the chracters will either grow on me or improve.... but really I am not sure yet.

Ray Vs the Meaning of Life

4. Ray Vs. The Meaning of Life- again review to come closer to release date. I didn't hate the characters but really couldn't get invested. So it was just a blah read for me. 


Where I Live


5. Where I Live by Brenda Rufener- I liked the story. I just couldn't connect to the characters. I didn't dislike them but I didn't like them either. They were just there.

We All Fall Down

6. We all Fall Down by Natalie D. Richards- Again didn't hate the characters but I didn't like them either. I just didn't understand them and their angst. 

Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)

7. Labrynth Lost by Zoraida Cordova- Just couldn't connect. The main character was okay just I needed more from her. I did like her sisters but really the story was about the main character and I just couldn't connect. 


The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett

8. The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett- I found the main character to be kind of annoying. Just couldn't get into her at all. 

Broken Dolls (Broken Dolls, #1)

9. Broken Dolls by Tyrolin Puxty- This story had potential but the main character felt way to young for me. I just couldn't. 


Harmony House

10. Harmony House by Nic Sheff- I just didn't like a single crazy character in this book.













4 comments:

  1. Glad I wasn't the only one who thinks characters make or break a book! Lol! I had to twist the topic as well, but I went in a different route!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read one Natalie D. Richards book and now I'm weary of reading more. It was a very generic feeling book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting take on the topic. I skipped this week, because I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I really liked Where I Live and Labyrinth Lost. I have avoided Lizzie Lovett, because I heard the characters were very unlikable, and after reading a different Sedoti book, it seems like that's how she likes to craft her characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Inhave to read The Art o French Kissing too. I an sorry you didn’t like it that much. Inhope it is better for me 😊
    And I definitely agree that this topic was really hard. That’s why I flipped it 😂

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs