Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #126

Its been a while since I have been on. I am sorry about that. There is quite a long story but it can be shortened to a series of unfortunate events that included but not limited too loss of internet, major hours at work, and of course the hideous fall cold. So I am still getting over a cold but I am going to try to get back to my blog when I can. 




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I Can't wait for:


The Way We Bared Our Souls
The Way We Bared Our Souls by Willa Strayhorn

January 22, 2015





If you could trade your biggest burden for someone else’s, would you do it?

Five teenagers sit around a bonfire in the middle of the New Mexico desert. They don’t know it yet, but they are about to make the biggest sacrifice of their lives.


Lo has a family history of MS, and is starting to come down with all the symptoms.

Thomas, a former child soldier from Liberia, is plagued by traumatic memories of his war-torn past.

Kaya would do anything to feel physical pain, but a rare condition called CIP keeps her numb.

Ellen can’t remember who she was before she started doing drugs. 

Kit lost his girlfriend in a car accident and now he just can’t shake his newfound fear of death.

When they trade totems as a symbol of shedding and adopting one another’s sorrows, they think it’s only an exercise.

But in the morning, they wake to find their burdens gone…and replaced with someone else’s.

As the reality of the ritual unfolds, this unlikely group of five embarks on a week of beautiful, terrifying experiences that all culminate in one perfect truth: In the end, your soul is stronger than your burdens.



I am so excited about this book. It sounds intense and amazing. A real tear jerker and real gritty. I am ready for this book! 

5 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound intense! great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very good and I love the cover!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for this book!! I already have it preordered so I can't wait until I can get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs