Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cover Up! #3


This feature I will just gab, remark, feature covers  I like or don't like. Anything covers goes. 


Today I was thinking about some of my favorite retellings coming out with the next book. I have quite a few that just came out are coming out real soon.  There are quite a few I absolutely adore the covers art. What are your thoughts? Do you have any favorite retelling covers? Or maybe you have some that you don't like at all. Tell me your thoughts.


Splintered Covers:  A wonderful retelling of Alice in Wonderland and I think the covers tell the story of CRAZY and DARK. 
There is one novella. It matches sort of, just in theme not in style. But it is still nice to look at.

Splintered (Splintered, #1)Unhinged (Splintered, #2)Ensnared (Splintered, #3) The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5)


Beau Rivage Covers: Love them. So Bold And Dark. Completely draws me in. The novella matches beautifully too. 


Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1)Twin RosesTear You Apart



Of course there is the Lunar Chronicles... These covers scream sic fi and fairytale. One of my all time favorite coves. My only complaint about these covers. Fairest doesn't match. :( 

There are a few more novellas that do not match at all and I didn't want to add them all. 



Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.1)

Dorothy Must Die rock. They are very simple yet very CREEPY! 
and... all the novellas match. :) 



No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die #0.1)The Witch Must Burn (Dorothy Must Die, #0.2)The Wizard Returns (Dorothy Must Die, #0.3)

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)


Last but not Least, Madman's Daughter. Love these and I love the covers. They really stand out with the Gothic Horror vibe. The latest is my favorite cover in the series. 


The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2)A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3)

So leave me your thoughts!








3 comments:

  1. All of those covers are gorgeous! My favorites out of those are probably either the Splintered series or the Madman's Daughter series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was upset too by Fairest not matching the other Lunar Chronicles books, BUT maybe that is because it is kind of just an extra one, a prequel about the evil queen. I can't wait to read it, even if it means we have to wait longer for Winter.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs