Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday 117 and Top Ten Tuesday #107


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Complicit
Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

                                 



Two years ago, sixteen-year-old Jamie Henry breathed a sigh of relief when a judge sentenced his older sister to juvenile detention for burning down their neighbor’s fancy horse barn. The whole town did. Because Crazy Cate Henry used to be a nice girl. Until she did a lot of bad things. Like drinking. And stealing. And lying. Like playing weird mind games in the woods with other children. Like making sure she always got her way. Or else.

But today Cate got out. And now she’s coming back for Jamie.

Because more than anything, Cate Henry needs her little brother to know the truth about their past. A truth she’s kept hidden for years. A truth she’s not supposed to tell.

Trust nothing and no one as you race toward the explosive conclusion of this gripping psychological thriller from the William C. Morris Award-winning author of Charm & Strange.


Teaser:
I try to forget about Cate and those creepy emails and whatever the hell's wrong inside her head. The things she's written to Angie were rambling and vaguely threatening and mostly incohernet. 







Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.



Top Ten 2015 YA Debuts I can't wait for!!!!

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Denton Little's Deathdate
MosquitolandIn a World Just RightThe Conspiracy of UsMade You Up
The Way We Bared Our SoulsScriptedA Wicked Thing

8 comments:

  1. Nice teaser!! Great picks too! We share a few of them as well!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely excited for The Conspiracy of Us! Thankfully, we only have to wait one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Queen was on my list as well even though I'd already read it because I really liked it! Great choices!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has Red Queen on their list! I can't wait to see reviews! WOW, love the description of Complicit, it sounds fantastic!

    I'm loving the cover of Mosquitoland, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I loved Complicit! That ending almost made me pee myself it was so evil yet brilliant! I hope you like it as much as I did! And I especially can't wait for Make You Up! That's one of my most anticipated debut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a World Just Right sounds awesome! I've never heard of Scripted before now, but it looks so good. The idea of reality TV having that type of future is definitely intriguing. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Made You Up and Red Queen on my list too! I am excited for A Wicked Thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have The Conspiracy of Us on my list too! Looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs