Saturday, January 31, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #93


Stacking The Shelves is a hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Come join the fun and share all the book you received this week. 

For Review:


Ink and Ashes
Ink and Ashes by Valynne E. Maetani

         


Claire Takata has never known much about her father, who passed away when she was a little girl. But on the anniversary of his death, not long before her seventeenth birthday, she finds a mysterious letter from her deceased father, addressed to her stepfather. Claire never even knew that they had met.

Claire knows she should let it go, but she can’t shake the feeling that something’s been kept from her. In search of answers, Claire combs through anything that will give her information about her father . . . until she discovers he was a member of the yakuza, the Japanese mafia. The discovery opens a door that should have been left closed.

So begins the race to outrun his legacy as the secrets of her father’s past threaten Claire’s friends and family, newfound love, and ultimately her life. Ink and Ashes, winner of Tu Books’ New Visions Award, is a heart-stopping debut mystery that will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the very last page.






Sisters of Blood and SpiritSisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross

         


Wren Noble is dead—she was born that way. Vibrant, unlike other dead things, she craves those rare moments when her twin sister allows her to step inside her body and experience the world of the living.

Lark Noble is alive but often feels she belongs in the muted Shadow Lands—the realm of the dead. Known as the crazy girl who talks to her dead sister, she doesn't exactly fit in with the living, though a recent suicide attempt and time in a psych ward have proved to her she's not ready to join her sister in the afterlife.

Now the guy who saved Lark's life needs her to repay the favor. He and his friends have been marked for death by the malevolent spirit of a vicious and long-dead serial killer, and the twins—who should know better than to mess with the dead—may be their only hope of staying alive.

SweetModel Misfit (Geek Girl, #2)



Audio:


Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)Backward CompatibleAll Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1)To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3)The Geography of You and Me



Bought: 

Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)CreedVivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books. The Kady Cross book is very popular this week. I have loved her other books. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff there! I got Sweet too. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! Lots of Fairest going around today! I got that as well this week! Hope you enjoy all your awesome new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I'm so jealous that you have Zodiac already grrr I keep seeing it in bookstores but my mom doesn't want to buy it for me huhu

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blurb for sisters of blood and spirit sounds really interesting.
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I never knew Kady Cross was releasing a new series! I hope it is good xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Geek Girls books are on my TBR. Creed is very good! I didn't get around to writing a review of it last year, but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of Ink and Ashes, but love that cover and will have to go check it out. I want to read BAckwards Compatible. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a copy of Sweet too. I can't wait to read it. It sounds like it's going to be interesting.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome books you have here! :) And some of them I added on my tbr too. Happy reading and hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/02/stacking-shelves-25.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs