Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday #1


So I am reading a book right now and I am so loving the story but the main character is driving me insane. She doesn't think before she acts and she ends up getting herself and others in so much trouble... and she is the heroine? I know she is trying to help and doing what she thinks will help... But come on let's think about what you are doing.....


Throughout this wonderful story I find myself doing a lot of this....


And I really wish I could smack her upside the head.




It just seems endless. I get that I read YA and teenagers can make some pretty bad decision out of emotion or make decisions on a whim. Sometimes though, its too much, it takes away from the character and in tun the story. 



I wonder  does the author realize how infuriating this character is when writing the story? Was it on purpose? 




What are your thoughts? Does this bother you? If the story is good does it matter how stupid the heroine seems to be even if her heart is in the right place? 



3 comments:

  1. That's actually a pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand when a character makes really stupid decisions over and over again. I like flawed characters and I don't want them to be perfect but a little bit of common sense goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Judge Judy freaks me out! She's got that evil look DOWN! And I really despise characters who act without thinking urgh! I'd lose patience for this book pretty quickly! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing over your Sabrina the Teenage Witch GIF. :) I hate when this happens. Sometimes a character will frustrate me so much that it makes it really hard to enjoy a story and I usually even knock down my star rating a little when writing a review. I do stick with it though if I love everything else about the book.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs