Thursday, March 26, 2020

Netflix and Thrill 2

Netflix and Thrill is a feature where I review horror movies I've watched recently.

These are movies I watched back in February. I'm really behind. However I haven't been watching many because of everything I've been having to do. 


Trespassers Poster
Title: Trespassers
Release Date: July 12th, 2019
Stars: Angela Trimbur, Janel Parrish, Jonathan Howard, and Zach Avery
Watched on: Hulu
 
Two dysfunctional couples rent a modern luxury desert home for the weekend hoping to sort out their messed-up lives. Just as they are about to settle in for a fun night, a neighbour turns up at their front door saying she has car trouble. And that's when the murderous trouble really starts. Because without knowing it, the four friends have landed slap-bang in the wrong violent place at precisely the wrong bloody time. Hopefully your nerves of steel will hold for one of the most stylish, atmospheric and terror-filled home invasion horrors of them all.
Mini Review: 
This one started out okay, but got really weird. I didn't really have much emotion towards it. I didn't get scared, thriller, or surprised at all. It was just okay. 


Polaroid Poster
Title: Polaroid
Release Date: September 17h, 2019
Stars: Kathryn Prescott, Tyler Young, Samantha Logan
Watched on: Netflix
 
High school loner Bird Fitcher has no idea what dark secrets are tied to the Polaroid camera she finds. It doesn't take long to discover that those who have their picture taken with it, soon die.
Mini Review:
This reminded me so much of the Goosebumps book, Say Cheese and Die, just for adults instead of kids. It was a pretty decent watch too. Though I think I prefer the goosebumps book.



Girl on the Third Floor Poster
Title: Girl on the Third Flood
Release Date: October 25th, 2019
Stars: C.M. Punk, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Sarah Brooks
Watched on: Netflix
 
Don Koch tries to renovate a rundown mansion with a sordid history for his growing family, only to learn that the house has other plans.
Mini Review: 
What. The. EFF did I just watch!? The idea was okay I guess, but man it sure was weirdly executed. There as more than one moment where I was like what the heck. I feel like this movie had so much potential. I loved where they were going with it. But it just kinda fell flat. 


Radioflash Poster
Title: Radioflash
Release Date: November 15th, 2019
Stars: Brighton Sharbino, Dominic Monaghan, Will Patton
Watched on: Hulu
 
When a nuclear device causes an electromagnetic pulse that kills power to more than 200 million people, a teenage girl must help lead her family to survival in a dark new world.
Mini Review:
This was the best watch of the week. I really really enjoyed this one. It was a good survival thriller. The acting was great, it had me on the edge of my seat. It's more of a thriller than it is a horror movie. It doesn't have a bunch of guts or gore. So if you're wanting something more tame I definitely suggest this one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs