Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's24 Hour Read A Thon October 2014 Hours 7-12

dewey


It is that time of year again and I am so excited. 
I would love to make it all night this time, we shall see. Here are my stack of books too read....

They All Fall DownCreedA Little Something Different
What Is HiddenStone Cove Island
Black IceThe Prince of Venice Beach


Hour 7: 

Halfway through first book. Gonna do a change of pace and start one of my other books. 

Next on my list is 

What Is Hidden

Challenge Book Tower hosted by The Small Town Lookbook

J for JennRenee




Hour 8: 

Mini challenge - Character Cheering hosted by Love Laughter and a Touch of Insanity  

It's Hour eight 
Don't hesitate 
Don't despair 
Go ahead and share 
That picture you just took
Of that amazing book 
Get a second wind 
& make it to end!
 
Challenge: Show It Off hosted by Deadbookdarling

I don't have any books I am more proud to own than any other. I love all my books. But I do have an autograph book I take to signings and I love it. I have many YA authors signatures, some even more than once. I absolutely love meeting authors. So this I am most proud of.... 

   


Hour 9: 

Started reading.... just a few pages though.

What Is Hidden

Challenge: OF Food and Books hosted by  A Girl That Likes Books 

I am not a cook, my daughter is and she collects cookbooks. So I am using a Hunger Games Cookbook for this challenge. 

Fall means soup to me sooo here is a soup recipe that sounds yummy.... I haven't tried it but I will hopefully soon. 

District 13's Rejuvenating Beef  Stew: 

 A mouth watering beef stew that contains sirloin steak, lots of yummy spices, potatoes, onions, celery and carrots...oh don't forget the turnip. 

Something that is made from fresh veggies and some delicious meat on a cold day while getting ready for a rebellion. Sounds just right. 


Hour 10: 

About a third way through What is Hidden. Reading this book much quicker and I think I finally have my groove. 

Challenge: Recommend me a Book hosted by  Cautious





I recommended Breathe by Sarah Crossan - . Its a great survival story with a bit of conspiracy in the pages. A story about friendship, love, and sacrifice. I think you should give this one a go on your next read.

Hour 11: 

Challenge- Beloved Books hosted by Stacy's Books

kids


Ok: 

Here are my guesses

Guess How Much I Love You 
Llama Llama Red Pajama 
Three Little Pigs 
Harry the Dirty Dog 
Green Eggs and Ham 
Harold and the Purple Crayon
Where the Wild Things Are 
Olivia
The Very Busy Spider 

Here is my picture: I may have covered up a bit too much but our leaves such. They were a little hard to work with. 



Hour 12:


Challenge- Mid Event Survey


Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? What is Hidden
2. How many books have you read so far? haven't finished any
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Just finishing one of them.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? lots and lots of interruptions. They are with my grandson, they are welcomed.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How fast time goes by.

2 comments:

  1. Is the sweet love lost?
    Does every freedom have a cost?
    Is the dragon freed?
    To find out you have to read read read.

    Thank you so much for being a part of Dewey - It’s always nice to see so many readers at once and see all the different books you’re reading! :)

    Xoxo Katja #TeamButler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious about Something Different. Hope you get to it today and tell us about it.

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs