Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

The Future of Us

Title: The Future of Us
Author: Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Publisher: Razorbill
Date: November 21st 2011
Pages: 356
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Sci-Fi (just a little)
Series: Stand Alone
Source: Hardcover

Summary Goodreads:

It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.


By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.


Review:
I wanted to read this book from the moment I heard about it. It just sounded good, it't not good it's awesome.
Everything about this book is fun. From the beginning I was hooked. The idea alone on this book is a promise for entertainment. How great would it have been when you were 17 to turn on the computer and see a future website featuring your future self. The book is more than just a time travel book. This book isn't as much a book about two teenagers seeing their future, but more about who they are now and their relationships. I love the characters, Emma is spastic and Josh is more down to Earth. They make a perfect team together, even when they don't realize it.


I did a bunch of thinking during this book while Josh and Emma are seeing how their decisions now effect the future, would I really want to know my future or just live my life day by day. I think that is what Josh and Emma need to learn from this story.
To sum it up, it's a wonderful story with great characters and an emotional journey of growing up. Oh yea....


while I was reading this book, I was able to take a trip down memory lane when all the things I grew up with were mentioned. That was great fun too!


I would say that this is a must read! So pick yours up ASAP!


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs