Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Review: SHOCK Anthology

SHOCK AnthologyTitle: Shock
Author: Anthology 
Publisher: Aftershock Comics
Publishing Date: April 24th, 2018
Pages: 160
Audio Length: N/A
Genre: Graphic Novel
Series: Standalone
Source: ARC
 

AfterShock Comics continues to push boundaries by presenting it’s very first anthology collection featuring a slew of today’s top writers and artists. Presented in the European Album format (same as the recent Animosity: the Rise hardcover for LCSD), this handsome hardcover features the creative talents of Neil Gaiman, Michael Zulli, Charles Vess, Michael Gaydos, Andy Clarke, Andrew Robinson, Mike Carey, Jim Starlin, Phil Hester, Paul Jenkins, Dalibor Talajic, Bill Willingham, Travis Moore, Brian Azzarello, Francesco Francavilla, Cullen Bunn, Marc Guggenheim, Marguerite Bennett, Frank Tieri, Brian Stelfreeze, Szymon Kudranski and more! Cover art by John Cassaday!
From the multiple Eisner and Harvey Award nominated editor of the classic Negative Burn anthology series.
What made me pick this book up: 
The cover was really cool. That's the first thing I noticed.

What did I like about the cover: 
First I love the skeleton bartender. That's awesome. I also really love the colors, all pinks, blues, and purples. 

What made me read this book: 
It looked interesting. I love graphic novels and this one sounded great. 

What did I like the most: 
I'm really not sure how to review this, considering that half of the comic didn't have words. But I'm going to try.

The artwork in this anthology is beautiful. Every story has it's own kind of artwork, and it's all equally amazing. The artwork itself told a great story, but it would have been so much better had it had words. 

In this anthology there is 21 very very different stories, and artwork and I loved being able to see all the different styles in one book. Even though they are short stories, I still think they're able to make an impact. 

Since it was on my kindle I took pictures of it with my phone, so y'all can see some of the amazing artwork.



I really want this book, so I might actually have to buy it, so I can see what the stories really are.

What didn't I like: 
That half of the comics didn't have any words, it was hard to see what's going on without words. But I'm pretty sure that's just because it's an ARC. 

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
I think so.


I'm sad that they didn't have words with most of these, I was really looking forward to it. However, the artwork is beautiful and the stories that did have words was really great. 

Deadly Class #1







1 comment:

  1. It looks fun. And yep, I'd grab it because of the cover too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs