Monday, May 28, 2018

I Read That Movie: Ferdinand

I  read that movie is a feature where we compare movies or TV series, and the books they're based on.


Coraline by Neil Gaiman

The Story of FerdinandTitle: Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
Publisher: Viking
Publishing Date: January 1st, 1936
Pages: 72
Length of Audio: 19 Minutes
Genre: Children's Classic
Series:  Standalone
Source: Audio
  
A true classic with a timeless message, The Story of Ferdinandhas enchanted readers since it was first published in 1936. All the other bulls would run and jump and butt their heads together. But Ferdinand would rather sit and smell the flowers. And he does just that, until the day a bumblebee and some men from the Madrid bullfights give gentle Ferdinand a chance to be the most ferocious star of the corrida—and the most unexpected comic hero. This cherished hardcover is perfect for those who love Ferdinand, and those who have yet to meet him.
Mini review:

What made me read this book: 
Finn is obsessed with the Ferdinand movie right now, and I didn't know for the longest time it was a book. When I found out it was I decided to do an I Read That Movie on it, and Finn wanted to read it too.

What did I like the most: 
There's really not much to say about it. It was a cute book about a bull who doesn't like violence. 

What didn't I like: 
I listened to this on audio, because we didn't have the book. So it was kind of hard to follow. I would love to read the physical book. 



Ferdinand PosterRelease Date: December 15th, 2017
Cast: John Cena, Lily Day, Jack Gore
Series: Standalone 

After Ferdinand, a bull with a big heart, is mistaken for a dangerous beast, he is captured and torn from his home. Determined to return to his family, he rallies a misfit team on the ultimate adventure.


Mini Review:
Such a cute movie! It had us cracking up quite a bit and the story is good.

Let's compare:
Did I see the movie or read the book first?
I watched the movie first. 

Like the movie or the book better?
It's hard to say. I didn't really get into the book, because it was so short. But the movie is really good. So I guess, I'm going to say the movie.

How does it compare?
They obviously added a whole bunch to the movie, because the book was really short and didn't have anything the movie had. 

So there was a lot of differences.

Do the actors match the characters in the book?
I don't really think this one applies here.

Major differences?
Really, the book barely has anything in it. It just goes over how sweet and not violent Ferdinand is. And how the matador doesn't like that he won't fight him.

That's about it. So it's a big difference. 



Fun Facts?
At one point in the film, Angus the Scottish Bull states "I'm a bull, not a doctor." This is a likely nod to David Tennant's role as the 10th Doctor in the long running BBC Series Doctor Who (2005). This is also a nod to Star Trek as Dr McCoy, when doing something out of his expertise, made references such as 'I'm a Doctor, not a mechanic.'

       









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs