Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #51 and W.W.W. Wednesday #41


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)Teardrop by Lauren Kate 
October 22nd 2013


          

Never, ever cry. . . . Eureka Boudreaux's mother drilled that rule into her daughter years ago. But now her mother is gone, and everywhere Eureka goes he is there: Ander, the tall, pale blond boy who seems to know things he shouldn't, who tells Eureka she is in grave danger, who comes closer to making her cry than anyone has before.

But Ander doesn't know Eureka's darkest secret: ever since her mother drowned in a freak accident, Eureka wishes she were dead, too. She has little left that she cares about, just her oldest friend, Brooks, and a strange inheritance—a locket, a letter, a mysterious stone, and an ancient book no one understands. The book contains a haunting tale about a girl who got her heart broken and cried an entire continent into the sea. Eureka is about to discover that the ancient tale is more than a story, that Ander might be telling the truth . . . and that her life has far darker undercurrents than she ever imagined. From Lauren Kate comes an epic saga of heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets, and dark magic . . . a world where everything you love can be washed away.




ViciousVicious by V.E. Schwab 
September 24th 2013




A masterful, twisted tale of ambition, jealousy, betrayal, and
superpowers, set in a near-future world.

Victor and Eli started out as college roommates—brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong.

Ten years later, Victor breaks out of prison, determined to catch up to his old friend (now foe), aided by a young girl whose reserved nature obscures a stunning ability. Meanwhile, Eli is on a mission to eradicate every other super-powered person that he can find—aside from his sidekick, an enigmatic woman with an unbreakable will. 

Armed with terrible power on both sides, driven by the memory of betrayal and loss, the archnemeses have set a course for revenge—but who will be left alive at the end?.
.







W...W...W.. Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.... I wold love to hear What you are currently reading, what did you just finish and what are you reading next...

What Are Currently Reading: 


Being Henry DavidChosen Ones (The Lost Souls, #1)Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)


What Did You Recently Finish Reading?


Pretty Girl-13Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1)Strangelets


What Do You Think You Will Read Next?

PoisonIf You Find MeGoing Vintage

12 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Teardrop, but after that last Fallen book, I don't know if I can pick up another Lauren Kate book for awhile. Don't get me wrong, I like her lyrical writing; it's her characters that bother me. :( But I'm intrigued by this new one.

    And, oh, I hope you like Poison. It was really cute. And I've heard such great things about If You Find Me. It wasn't on my radar until recently, but I might just pick up the audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teardrop is beautiful. But some people have mentioned that the synopsis is too close to Fallen. I haven't read that series yet, still makes me wonder, all the same. Vicious looks cool. I haven't read The Archived yet and I'm already really interested in anything Schwab does. : )

    Lots of dark reads for you these days, huh? Although, Poison is a decent pick me up. I just got If You Find Me so I'm hoping to read that one soon.

    Great picks! - Jessie Marie
    My WoW / WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I didn't even know what Lauren Kate's newest project was, but that sounds truly promising. I loved her Fallen series a lot!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a Lauren Kate book so i am interested in reading this new one. Vicious sounds good too. Nice picks!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicious!! I'm so excited for that one. It sounds really different from The Archived; but after that book I'm already a huge Victoria Schwab fan, so Vicious is a must-read, lol.

    I hope you enjoy Poison when you read it! It's really fun, and SUPER cute. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laruen Kate is a amazing, so I am really excited for Teardrop. I didn't know Vicious has a cover now, I like it. Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Seeing these two around the blogosphere lately! Haven't read the authors but hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't finished reading the Fallen series yet, but I am still interested in reading Teardrop. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you believe I have yet to read a Lauren Kate book? I don't know if I ever will but they do have some amazing covers :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting on both of these! I couldn't get into Kate's Fallen series, but Teardrop sounds really intriguing. Vicious's concept sounds so original and can't wait to learn more about Victor and Eli. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! I've been excited about Vicious ever since the cover was revealed. It's too bad the release date is so far away.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome picks! These are new to me - thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs