Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #48 and W.W.W. Wednesday #38




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
September 2013


          

Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.



The Dollhouse AsylumThe Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray 
October 22nd 2013




A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival.



At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world.

The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along.

If they play it right, then they'll be safe.

But if they play it wrong, they'll die.




W...W...W.. Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.... I wold love to hear What you are currently reading, what did you just finish and what are you reading next...

What Are Currently Reading: 


The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2)The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)Glistening Haven


What Did You Recently Finish Reading?



 Magisterium The Dead and BuriedNumbers (Numbers, #1)


What Do You Think You Will Read Next?

Lindsey LostGhost FlowerEleanor & Park

9 comments:

  1. I soooooo cannot wait for Through the Looking Glass!! Loved the first one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to read ALice in Zombieland. *sigh* I need more hours in the day. I can't wait for Dollhouse Asylum either!! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Alice in Zombieland! I really love the cover for the sequel!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! Through the Zombie Glass!! Though I did see a cover comparison yesterday where someone said the model must have been one of the White Chicks. :P Can't remember where I saw that, but it had me cracking up.

    I think I'll be listening to Eleanor & Park soon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these covers are awesome. I'm very curious to read the Dollhouse Asylum, looks like it's going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these covers! They are both so clever. I haven't read Alice in Zombieland but I've heard some great things! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read through the Zombie Glass. I loved Alice in Zombieland and am eagerly awaiting this one. Also, I think we're on the same wavelength about reading. I just started Dead and Buried, and I'm going to read Lindsey Lost either this week or next.

    My WoW "Waiting On" Wednesday (#2) Isla and the Happily Ever After
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both really good picks. Can't wait for both.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! Really excited for The Dollhouse Asylum! I love that cover it's so creepy! I haven't have the best luck with that publisher though so let's hope this one changes that >.<

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs